Transferring to Another Position ( M.G.L., Chapter 31 , sections 33 and 35)

Any permanent civil service employee may request a transfer from one civil service department to another civil service department. The Appointing Authority has the discretion to allow the transfer. The Appointing Authority from the departing community and the Appointing Authority from the receiving community must both agree. The community requesting the transfer must complete the Request for Transfer form (Form 9), ensuring that the employee and the releasing Appointing Authority sign the form. Please note that the transferring employee has a new seniority date and must work three (3) years before the employee gains his or her original seniority date.

This information provided by the Human Resources Division .