The most delicate and time-consuming task associated with our transition to MaCS has been the data conversion. With that phase of our transition completed as of today, and to help our users understand the scope and range of the MaCS upgrade project, we are sharing some information about the data conversion.
To date, data conversion has entailed the verification and transfer of:
- 49,018 active Official Service individual applicant/current employee records
- 4,183 active Labor Service individual applicant/current employee records
- 65,533 active Official Service Exam application records
- 816 active Official Service Eligible Lists
- 68 active Labor Service Eligible Lists
- 1,888 active individual Exam Proctor and Monitor records
- 321 ongoing examinations (pending completion of post-exam processing and/or additional exam components, i.e., Assessment Centers, Oral Boards)
Throughout the last year, the Civil Service team has worked diligently to prepare, validate, and format this data to reach a transferrable state. SOARIS access was shut down to protect the integrity of the data as it went through final conversion processing and was transferred to MaCS. We hope these statistics give you a better idea of the delicate and time-consuming nature of this task. We now continue forward to perform a final verification of the accuracy of the data transferred and create the required custom-processing fields, with the goal of MaCS going live to the public in the next few weeks.
We apologize again for the delay and inconvenience caused by this period of transition, but look forward to efficiently and effectively serving all applicants, current employees, and Appointing Authorities in MaCS shortly.
Please continue to check www.mass.gov/hrd/macs for frequent informational updates.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.