Departmental Promotional Examination
Written Examination Date: May 17, 2014
Application Deadline: April 21, 2014
Regarding the Education & Experience claim for this exam:
- If you do not click submit the Education and Experience claim is not complete.
- If you do not receive an individual automated confirmation email after you submit your claim, your promotional exam is not considered complete.
- Any Education and Experience documentation submitted without an online claim will not be accepted.
- Once the claim is submitted it cannot be changed unless you submit an amendment to the Civil Service Department.
In order to apply for these exams, you must follow the instructions below. Please note that due to our transition to a new system (MaCS: for more info please see www.mass.gov/hrd/macs), the application process will be much different from years prior. Please also note that the way we collect Education and Experience claims is changing, and more information on that process will be posted in the coming weeks.
To apply for a Police Chief series exam:
- Click here to reach our application postings page;
- Search for the relevant exam posting, and click to view details;
- A quick way to search is by using Search Criteria, and limiting the search to include only “Public Safety” postings.
- Click “Apply” to create an account and apply for the posting!
Please note that participating Departments are listed within the exam posting, and you must find the posting that contains your Department. Be careful not to apply to the wrong exam posting!