Departmental Promotional Examinations
Exam Date: November 17, 2012
Last Date to Apply: October 15, 2012
Fire Lieutenant and Captain exam postings will be going live on September 24th. In order to apply for these exams, you must follow the instructions below. Please note that due to our transition to a new system (MaCS: for more info please see www.mass.gov/hrd/macs), the application process will be much different from years prior. Please also note that the way we collect Education and Experience claims is changing, and more information on that process will be posted in the coming weeks.
To apply for a Fire Lieutenant and/or Captain exam:
- Go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/massachusetts;
- Search for the relevant exam posting, and click to view details;
- A quick way to search is by using Search Criteria, and limiting the search to include only “Fire/EMS” or “Public Safety” postings.
- Each posting will list the exam date (121117), followed by the exam title abbreviation (i.e., FLt for Fire Lieutenant), followed by a string of numbers and letters indicating eligibility (i.e., 1 Year vs. 3 Year) and exam weights (if non-standard, i.e., 442 indicates an exam composed of 40% written exam, 40% assessment center, and 20% Education & Experience). Be sure to find the correct exam, which includes your Department, before applying!
- Click “Apply” to create an account and apply for the posting!
Please note that participating Departments are listed within the exam posting, and you must find the posting that contains your Department. Be careful not to apply to the wrong exam posting!