Download the printable version : Schedule an Initial Hire Physical Ability Test (PAT)
HRD's policy is to allow Initial-Hire PATs only for those individuals whose hiring departments have scheduled a test with HRD in advance.
HOW TO SCHEDULE A POLICE/FIRE PAT
The hiring department should perform the following steps:
- Review the PAT Schedule 2016 and PAT Schedule 2017 to determine the dates to be requested.
- Send an email to email@example.com along with pages 1 and 6 of the candidate's completed medical examination form, which must be dated within 6 months of the requested PAT date. Also include if you are interested in sending your candidate for a Preview and/or actual PAT.
- Once the medical examination form has been verified, the hiring department will receive an email with instructions for their candidate(s) to apply and pay for the PAT.
- Once the candidate has applied and paid for the PAT, the candidate will receive two confirmation emails stating that their application and payment was received.
- The hiring department will then receive an email containing confirmation of the candidate's test date(s) and test time(s).
Requests must be submitted no later than 48 hours before the requested date of the Preview and/or PAT. Candidates are scheduled in the order in which they are received by this office.
For additional information regarding scheduling dates and times please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (617) 878-9756.
Candidates appearing for a preview or actual PAT who have not been scheduled in advance with HRD will not be allowed to participate.