Monday, September 14, 2015
CMCP Application Committee
Human Resources Division
One Ashburton Place, Room 301
Boston, MA 02108
Need More Information?
Questions? Contact us at
or call 617-878-9878
Join our mailing list...
The Commonwealth Manager Certificate Program is a product of MassHR, an Executive Branch Interagency Human Resources collaboration.
Monday, September 14, 2015 by 3:00PM
The Commonwealth Management Certificate Program (CMCP) offers Executive Branch managers the opportunity to develop and enhance the skills needed to achieve your goals and lead your staff to success now and into the future.
THE BENEFITS YOU CAN EXPECT
- Opportunity to cultivate new skills and to explore diverse perspectives and develop new leadership styles
- Network and collaborate with colleagues across agencies/ secretariats
- Apply the learning to create solutions to your own agency’s challenges
- Maximize your effectiveness in developing and managing high performance teams
COURSE OF STUDY
The program consists of seven 1-day classes to be completed between October 2015 and May 2016. Classes will be offered at locations across the Commonwealth. The curriculum has been designed to build skills and competencies in such areas as Leadership, Problem-Solving, Teaming and Collaboration, Developing Inter- and Intra-Organizational Relationships and Organizational Responsibility.
To be considered for the Commonwealth Management Certificate Program, you must:
- Currently hold a management position (M4 and above); i.e., a person who completes ACES
- Be a member of the Executive Branch
- Be willing to enter into a “Statement of Commitment”
- Complete CMCP Application process including supervisor and agency head written approval to enroll in this program
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to the Commonwealth Manager Certificate Program:
- Complete and submit the online application
- Submit an updated copy of your resume to MassHR-CMCP@MassMail.State.MA.US
- Have your supervisor complete and submit the CMCP Supervisor’s Recommendation Form
- Obtain approval signatures from your supervisor and agency head (or designee) on the CMCP Leadership Commitment (Approval) Form