September 1, 2016 5:00 PM EST
CMCP Application Committee
Human Resources Division
One Ashburton Place, Room 301
Boston, MA 02108
Need More Information?
Questions? Contact us at
or call 617-878-9878
Join our mailing list...
The Commonwealth Manager Certificate Program is a product of MassHR, an Executive Branch Interagency Human Resources collaboration.
Since the program’s inception in 2010, over 560 CMCP participants have had the opportunity to explore diverse perspectives while enhancing their leadership skills. In the face of our evolving work environment, continuous learning is an important part of effective leadership.
For FY17 Applicants Only: Completion of the mandatory requirement
extended to Friday, September 30, 2016.
NOTE: Program selection is contingent on completion of all mandatory training requirements by September 30, 2016. If selected for the FY17 CMCP program, and the mandatory training requirement is outstanding as of September 30, 2016, the candidate’s application will be disqualified. No deadline extensions will be granted.
COURSE OF STUDY
Participants in the CMCP program will learn concepts and skills to inspire and engage others. Core courses include 4-hour classroom instruction and a homework assignment to confirm transfer of learning. Required core courses will include the following.
- Leadership Excellence: Learning to Lead Adaptively
- Business Process Redesign
- Leading and Managing Change
- Building a Results Oriented Workforce
- Workplace Agility: Building a Collaborative Team Environment
- Conflict Management
- Acton Learning (Final) Project
In addition to completing the core courses, participants will be able to choose from a set of elective courses in order to obtain the required number of credits (35 total) needed for program graduation.
Classes will be offered at several locations across the Commonwealth.
To be considered for the Commonwealth Management Certificate Program, applicants must:
- Currently be in a management position (M4 or higher) i.e., an employee who completes ACES
- Be employed in the Executive Branch
- Sign a “Statement of Commitment”
- Have completed all Commonwealth mandatory training courses
- Complete and submit the CMCP application including the Leadership Approval form and the Supervisor Recommendation Form by 5:00 PM, Thursday, September 1, 2016.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply complete the following documents and submit to the CMCP Application Committee by 5:00 pm, September 1, 2016.
To be submitted by applicant:
- The online CMCP application
- An updated copy of your resume (email to MassHR-CMCP@MassMail.State.MA.US)
- Your training transcript to verify the completion of all Commonwealth mandatory trainings.
To be submitted by applicant’s supervisor/leadership (applicant to ensure submission):
CMCP PROGRAM TESTIMONIALS