Dear State Colleagues:
Everyone has a cause - something you care deeply about. COMECC offers the choice of donating to over 1,000 screened non-profits in an area that matters to you! It is 100% voluntary and confidential.
Less than 8% of state employees donated through COMECC last year..but those 5,920 generous employees pledged a total of $1.6 million. About 1/5 of donors chose to submit a check or complete a credit card donation online. The balance donated via one-time or recurring payroll deduction payments.
What could your donation do this year? Your collective dollars and cents can change lives. Give up a cup of coffee and bagel for one day and this one-time donation of $5 will pay for a meal, book, or bottle of vitamins. $10 could buy a shirt or some school supplies. $20 could buy a pair of sneakers or a haircut for a veteran.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
Together our donations could:
- Advance research one step closer to a cure for Cancer, Alzheimer's, or Multiple Sclerosis
- Improve a middle school student's academic performance through tutoring
- Prevent one family from becoming homeless
- Ensure one elderly person has a visitor
- Provide for one neighbor impacted by a disaster
- Allow one troubled youth to work with a positive role model
- Prevent one child from dropping out of school
- Provide vocational training to one older displaced worker
- Ensure one young child doesn't skip a meal tomorrow
- Allow your future grandchild to drink healthy tap water and make pricey bottled water extinct
Your donation, no matter what amount, will make a positive difference. The possibilities are endless with your generosity. Thank you for all who support COMECC - agency heads, human resources directors, COMECC Coordinators and of course you - the first-time or ongoing donor!
On behalf of those who receive your generous contribution, I thank you. Your continued service makes me proud to be your Governor.
Deval L. Patrick