Dear State Colleagues:
Everyone has a cause - something you care deeply about. COMECC offers the choice of donating to over 1,000 screened non-profits in an area that matters to you! It is 100% voluntary and confidential.
Less than 8% of state employees donated through COMECC last year..but those 5,920 generous employees pledged a total of $1.6 million. About 1/5 of donors chose to submit a check or complete a credit card donation online. The balance donated via one-time or recurring payroll deduction payments.
What could your donation do this year? Your collective dollars and cents can change lives. Give up a cup of coffee and bagel for one day and this one-time donation of $5 will pay for a meal, book, or bottle of vitamins. $10 could buy a shirt or some school supplies. $20 could buy a pair of sneakers or a haircut for a veteran.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
Together our donations could:
- Advance research one step closer to a cure for Cancer, Alzheimer's, or Multiple Sclerosis
- Improve a middle school student's academic performance through tutoring
- Prevent one family from becoming homeless
- Ensure one elderly person has a visitor
- Provide for one neighbor impacted by a disaster
- Allow one troubled youth to work with a positive role model
- Prevent one child from dropping out of school
- Provide vocational training to one older displaced worker
- Ensure one young child doesn't skip a meal tomorrow
- Allow your future grandchild to drink healthy tap water and make pricey bottled water extinct
Your donation, no matter what amount, will make a positive difference. The possibilities are endless with your generosity. Thank you for all who support COMECC - agency heads, human resources directors, COMECC Coordinators and of course you - the first-time or ongoing donor!
On behalf of those who receive your generous contribution, I thank you. Your continued service makes me proud to be your Governor.
Deval L. Patrick
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.