The Value of Volunteering-Top Reasons to Volunteer
There are as many reasons to serve as there are people who serve. Volunteering is not just an altruistic act. It's an opportunity to advance in all areas of your life. Here are a few of the things you can gain when you give your time and yourself:
- Connect with your community.
- Conserve funds for charities, nonprofits and faith-based and other community organizations by contributing your time.
- Share your skills and gain new ones.
- Develop self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Meet new people from all walks of life.
- Enhance your resume and make important networking contacts.
- Promote a worthwhile activity.
- Feel needed and valued.
- Experience something new.
- Serve your country.
Source: Corporation for National and Community Service
-- Thanks for supporting SERV
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.