Domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking statistics (Source: Employeragainstdomesticviolence.org; Illinois Coalition against Sexual assault, 2002; NIJ 2006)
- 74% of employed battered women were harassed by their partner while at work. This caused 56% of them to be late for work at least five times a month, 28% to leave early at least five days a month, and 54% to miss at least three full days of work a month.
- 94% of Corporate Security Directors surveyed rank domestic violence as a high security problem at their company.
- 75% of convicted batterers admitted to using work resources to commit crimes of domestic violence.
- More than 1 million women are stalked each year in the US;1/4 report missing work
- In FY05, 2,691 unduplicated incidents of sexual assault were reported to rape crisis centers in Massachusetts
- 19.4% of women, 9.7 of men report lost productivity at work after their most recent assault
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.