Domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking statistics (Source: Employeragainstdomesticviolence.org; Illinois Coalition against Sexual assault, 2002; NIJ 2006)
- 74% of employed battered women were harassed by their partner while at work. This caused 56% of them to be late for work at least five times a month, 28% to leave early at least five days a month, and 54% to miss at least three full days of work a month.
- 94% of Corporate Security Directors surveyed rank domestic violence as a high security problem at their company.
- 75% of convicted batterers admitted to using work resources to commit crimes of domestic violence.
- More than 1 million women are stalked each year in the US;1/4 report missing work
- In FY05, 2,691 unduplicated incidents of sexual assault were reported to rape crisis centers in Massachusetts
- 19.4% of women, 9.7 of men report lost productivity at work after their most recent assault