- You will use the Time and Labor Workcenter function in Employee Self-Service to review and approve time for Labor Distribution Timesheet users.
- Using the Time and Labor Workcenter function allows you to view and edit an employee’s time just as you would on your own timesheet.
- If you are an approver for a Labor Distribution Timesheet user, you will need to review:
- Employee’s Reported Time (regular time and leave)
- Reported Combo Codes
- Reported User Fields (if applicable)
- Time approval responsibilities should follow the hierarchical reporting structure of your department.
- Questions on the use of Combo Codes or User Fields should be directed to your Agency’s Human Resources/Payroll Department. Combo Codes and User Fields are customizable by individual Agency.
- Questions regarding time approval policy should be directed to your Agency Human Resources/Payroll Department.
- If you have questions regarding how to perform time approval transactions, please contact the MassHR Employee Service Center or your Agency Human Resources/Payroll Department.
Manager/Supervisor: Approving Time for Labor Distribution Timesheet Users
|1.||From the Employee Self-Service homepage, click on the MY TEAM tab. Next Click on the TIME AND LABOR WORKCENTER link located in the MANAGER LINKS box.|
On the Time and Labor Workcenter you will have six links under the Welcome, APPROVE REPORTED TIME, TIMESHEET, LEAVE BALANCES, PAYABLE TIME SUMMARY, MANAGE SCHEDULES AND EXCEPTIONS. Click on the TIMESHEET link.
On the top of the page is the Employee Selection Criteria table which is pre-populated with your TIME REPORTER GROUP ID.
Note: If you are a delegate time approver, please review the Time Approval Delegation job aid for detailed instructions on how to review and approve time for employees that have been delegated to
|3.||To review and approve time for your direct reports, click on the GET EMPLOYEES button. Employee Self-Service will return a list of employees that report to you based on the search criteria entered in the Employee Selection Criteria table.|
Click on the appropriate employee name in the LAST NAME column.
Note: If you click on the first employee in the NAME column, you can use the NEXT EMPLOYEE link to navigate through your employee timesheets.
|5.||The employee’s timesheet will display. Review and edit the employee’s reported time as applicable. Reference the Employee Timesheet Navigation for detailed timesheet fields definitions.|
To approve an employee’s reported time, managers must review the following:
For Employees with Punch Timesheets:
For employees with Reported Timesheets:
|6.||Click the SELECT ALL button to approve every day on the timesheet. Notice checkmarks will appear in the SELECT column. Alternatively, you may select each box individually to approve independently.|
Click the APPROVE SELECTED button to approve every day on the timesheet.
Click on the OK button to approve the employee’s reported time.
Click on the OK button on the confirmation page.
Review the status column in the reported time status table. Ensure that each day has an approved status.
|11||Click on the SIGN OUT link to log out of Employee Self-Service.|
Last Updated: April 25, 2015