- Reporting time for an employee should be the exception, rather than the rule. The recommended business practice is for the employee to enter time on his/her own timesheet or to direct the employee to contact the MassHR Employee Service Center (ESC), or your Agency HR/Payroll Department if you are not supported by the ESC.
- The deadline for time reporting is each Thursday at 5:00PM.
- The deadline for time approval is each Friday at 12:00PM; if you approve time for employees who work Friday 2nd or 3rd shift, or anytime on Saturday, the deadline for time approval is Sunday at 6:00PM.
Manager/Supervisor: Reporting Time for an Employee
|1.||From the Employee Self-Service homepage, click on the MY TEAM tab. Next Click on the TIME AND LABOR WORKCENTER link located in the MANAGER LINKS box.|
On the Time and Labor Workcenter you will have six links under the Welcome, APPROVE REPORTED TIME, TIMESHEET, LEAVE BALANCES, PAYABLE TIME SUMMARY, MANAGE
On the top of the page is the Employee Selection Criteria table which is pre-populated with your TIME REPORTER GROUP ID.
Note: If you are a delegate time approver, please review the Time Approval Delegation job aid for detailed instructions on how to review and approve time for employees that have been delegated to
|3.||To review and approve time for your direct reports, click on the GET EMPLOYEES button. Employee Self-Service will return a list of employees that report to you based on the search criteria entered in the Employee Selection Criteria table.|
Click on the appropriate employee name in the LAST NAME column.
Note: If you click on the first employee in the LAST NAME column, you can use the NEXT EMPLOYEE link to navigate through your employee timesheets.
|5.||On the selected employee, report hours as needed on their timesheet in the applicable format of Reported or Punch time.|
Note: If an employee’s timesheet is blank you need to do the following to populate the default timesheet.
1. Click on the APPLY SCHEDULE button to populate an employee’s schedule with their in, meal out, meal in and out times.
2. Click on the SUBMIT BUTTON. The submit confirmation page will appear.
3. On the submit confirmation page is the employee certification message which states “I certify that the information entered is accurate and complete.” Click on the OK button to certify the timesheet. By entering time for an employee you are attesting to their attendance record and are responsible for accuracy.
Click the SELECT ALL button to select every day on the timesheet.
Click the APPROVE SELECTED button to approve every day on the timesheet.
Click on the OK button to approve the employee’s reported time.
Click on the OK button on the confirmation page.
Click the RETURN TO SELECT EMPLOYEE link to return to the Timesheet Summary.
Review the status column in the reported time status table. Ensure that each day has an approved status.
|12.||Click on the SIGN OUT link to log out of Employee Self-Service.|
Last Updated: April 25, 2015