- Punches from a TCD will populate the SSTA punch timesheet.
- Review the punch timesheet navigation online learning and job aid before you approve and/or edit an employee’s timesheet, to familiarize yourself with the layout of the punch timesheet.
- Employees cannot edit their own punches. As an approver, you may edit punches on the employee’s behalf, under certain circumstances.
- Employees cannot perform prior pay period adjustments. As an approver, you have the ability to perform and approve prior pay period adjustments on the employee’s behalf..
- Approvers may record leave, regular time, or other time reporting codes on behalf of their employees.
- SSTA calculates shift differential and weekend differential automatically based upon an employee’s reported IN and OUT times, if applicable.
- If you need assistance with the time approval process, editing punches, or completing prior pay period adjustments, please contact the MassHR Employee Service Center (ESC) at 1-855-447-7778 for assistance (for ESC user Agencies only). If you work in a non-ESC supported Agency, please direct your questions to your Human Resources/Payroll Department.
- Please be sure to review your Agency’s policies and procedures regarding time approval. Questions about specific Agency policies should be directed to your Human Resources/Payroll Department.
Manager/Supervisor: Approving Time for Time Collection Device (TCD) Users
|1.||On the SSTA home page, click the MANAGER SELF SERVICE link.|
Note: TCD timesheet approvers should not use the Manager Dashboard to approve time.
|2.||On the Manager Self Service page, click the TIMESHEET link.|
On the top of the page is the Employee Selection Criteria table which is pre-populated with your GROUP ID and DEPARTMENT ID.
Note: If you are a delegate time approver, please review the Time Approval Delegation job aid for detailed instructions on how to review and approve time for employees that have been delegated to you.
|3.||To review and approve time for your direct reports, click on the GET EMPLOYEES button. SSTA will return a list of employees that report to you based on the search criteria entered in the Employee Selection Criteria table.|
|4.||Click on the appropriate employee name in the NAME column. |
Note: If you click on the first name in the NAME column, you can use the NEXT EMPLOYEE link to navigate through your employee timesheets.
|5.||The employee’s punch timesheet will display. As a time approver, you will need to:|
a. Click on the SUBMIT button prior to reviewing the employee’s timesheet. By clicking the SUBMIT button, you will apply all the shift differential and weekend differential rules for time reported.
b. Review the punches in theIN, MEAL OUT, MEAL IN, and OUT columns and the employee’s total reported hours vs. scheduled hours. As an approver, you can see which TCD machine the employee used to record their time by reviewing the TIME COLLECTION DEVICE ID column.
c. You can adjust time as necessary and click on the SUBMIT button to report time on behalf of the employee. Shift differential and weekend differential will be calculated automatically by SSTA based on the employee’s IN and OUTtimes, if applicable.
d. Review the employee’s leave balance table. The TCD will allow the employee to report more time than they have access to; if this happens, you will need to adjust the employee’s reported leave. It is suggested that you should communicate with the employee prior to performing the change.
e. If needed, as an Approver, you have the ability to report regular (work) time; leave; overtime, comp time; and when needed, standby pay to an employee’s timesheet, as well as different time reporting codes (TRCs).
f. After you have reviewed and made edits (if applicable) to the employee’s timesheet, click on the SUBMIT button again.
Locate the SELECT column on the timesheet. Click in the check box for each row you wish to approve.
After you select the rows you wish to approve, click the APPROVE SELECTED button.
|8||An approve confirmation message will appear. Review this message carefully. Click OK to approve the employee’s reported time, or click CANCEL to return to the employee’s timesheet. By clicking OK you have electronically signed your employee’s timesheet. After you click OK, the Approve Confirmation page appears, which informs you the approval was successful|
On the Approve Confirmation page, click OK to return to the employee’s timesheet.
Click on the SIGN OUT link to log out of SSTA.
Last Updated: May 16, 2013
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.