MassHR is a collaborative effort aimed at delivering HR services more efficiently using self-service technologies, shared services, and facilitating workforce effectiveness through training, learning and development programs.
MassHR products and services include:
- Employee Self-Service
- Time and Attendance
- Paycheck Management
- Employee Profile Management
- MassHR Employee Service Center
- MassHR Workforce Enhancement Program
Between 2008 and 2010, three independent studies of the Commonwealth’s Human Resources function were conducted, by Gartner, the Hackett Group and Accenture.
- HR functions are labor intensive, with a heavy reliance on manual transactions
- The allocation of resources to high-volume transaction are significantly higher than the industry standard
- Business processes are inconsistent across the Executive Branch and fail to make use of technology and automation
- Resources to strategic and workforce enhancement functions that support a high performing workforce are not adequately allocated
On January 26, 2010, Governor Patrick issued Executive Order 517 and charged the Executive Department HR community with implementing a plan to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of human resource service delivery. Our partnership is called MassHR.