Download Printable Version: Topic Ten: Worksheet - Using Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
The “What is Your EQ? Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace” topic shared an overview of the importance of emotional intelligence in coaching. To practice using emotional intelligence in the workplace, the worksheet below will guide you through a series of questions to help you recognize the uses of emotional intelligence in the workplace. No follow-up is required for the worksheet; the goal is to have you reflect on how to use emotional intelligence effectively in your coaching relationships.
- Recall a time when you could have (but didn’t) use emotional intelligence to more effectively manage a coaching conversation or relationship:
- How could you have applied emotional intelligence in that situation?
- How could using emotional intelligence have improved the outcome of the situation?
- List a few low-risk situations where you can begin practicing using emotional intelligence:
- Situation #1:
- Situation #2:
- Situation #3:
- Define your long-term goals for using emotional intelligence in the workplace:
- Goal #1:
- Goal #2:
- Goal #3: