Guidelines for Making a Public Record Request
The Office of the Human Resources Division (HRD) encourages you to use the form below to make a public records request (PRR) of the HRD’s Office. This helps to ensure the most expeditious and accurate response to your request. Otherwise, written requests may be delivered by hand, mail, email or fax (if available). While requests for public records may be made orally in person to an RAO, such requests may not be the subject of an appeal. Telephone requests may be accepted at the discretion of the RAO.
The Office of the HRD has designated the following employee as the Primary Records Access Officer (RAO) who will assist requesters in fulfilling their requests.
Michele M. Heffernan, Primary RAO
Title: Deputy General Counsel
Business address: 1 Ashburton Place, Room 211 Boston, MA 02108
Business telephone number: 617-878-9779
Business email: Michele.Heffernan@MassMail.State.MA.US
Only questions pertaining to the PRR process or a PRR status should be sent to the email account of the Primary RAO.
Contacting an Agency
To help avoid delay in responses, please consider whether your public record request would more appropriately be directed to a different agency.
Each secretariat and agency has a designated Records Access Officer who will receive and respond to public records requests.
List of Links to Public Records of Frequent or Significant Interest
- Civil Service Information: http://www.mass.gov/anf/employment-equal-access-disability/civil-serv-info/
- Exam Information: http://www.mass.gov/anf/employment-equal-access-disability/civil-serv-info/exam-info/
- Veteran and Active Duty Exam Information: http://www.mass.gov/anf/employment-equal-access-disability/civil-serv-info/vet-and-active-duty-military-info/
- Civil Service Eligibility Lists: http://www.csexam.hrd.state.ma.us/eligiblelist/promolist.aspx
- Human Resources Policies: http://www.mass.gov/anf/employment-equal-access-disability/hr-policies/
- State Benefits and Compensation: http://www.mass.gov/anf/employment-equal-access-disability/employee-benefits-and-comp/
- Employee Programs and Training: http://www.mass.gov/anf/employment-equal-access-disability/employee-prog-and-training/
- Collective Bargaining Agreements: http://www.mass.gov/anf/employment-equal-access-disability/hr-policies/hrd-publications/collective-bargaining-agreements-guide-to.html
- Extended Illness Leave Bank: http://www.mass.gov/anf/employment-equal-access-disability/employee-prog-and-training/eilb.html
- Diversity: http://www.mass.gov/anf/employment-equal-access-disability/diversity-access-and-opportunity/
- MassCareers: https://massanf.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl
Last updated: January 3, 2017