801 CMR 1.00 governs the conduct of formal Adjudicatory Proceedings of all Commonwealth agencies governed by M.G.L. c. 30A.
801 CMR 1.00 shall be construed to secure a just and speedy determination of every proceeding.
Refer to all definitions included in M.G.L. c 30A. In addition, the following words when used in 801 CMR 1.01 shall have the following meanings:
- Authorized Representative: An attorney, legal guardian or other person authorized by a Party to represent him in an Adjudicatory Proceeding.
- Electronic Medium: Any device used to transmit information electronically, including but not limited to facsimile and e-mail.
- Hand Delivery: Delivery by any method other than pre-paid U.S. mail, including but not limited to private mail services.
- Petitioner: The Party or Agency who initiates an Adjudicatory Proceeding.
- Presiding Officer: The individual(s) authorized by law or designated by the Agency to conduct an Adjudicatory Proceeding.
- Respondent: The Party or Agency who must answer in an Adjudicatory Proceeding.
This information was last updated on 12/22/2008.