- Filed by a person who is "bypassed" for appointment or promotion by a person with a lower ranking on the civil service certification used to fill the position.
- Filed by any state employee who believes that he or she is improperly classified in their current position.
- Filed by any employee with civil service protection who is terminated, demoted or suspended, or in some cases, involuntarily transferred.
- Filed by an employee with civil service protection after the employee is laid off and the reason cited by the Appointing Authority is lack of funds or abolishment of the position.
- Typically filed by individuals who are aggrieved by an "action" or "inaction" of the state's Human Resources Division (HRD). Involves examination appeals, requests for retroactive seniority dates, etc.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.