- Eckert, Edward v. City of Holyoke - Related Superior Court Decision 3/29/10
Commission Decision Affirmed.
- Eckert, Edward v. City of Holyoke 7/3/08 (Affirmed by Superior Court on 3/29/10)
The City of Holyoke had sufficient justification to suspend the Appellant for three (3) days. Appeal dismissed.
- Emma, Lizette v. Department of Correction 7/6/17
- Encarnacion, Sandra v. Merit Rating Board 1/15/09
The Appointing Authority was justified in termainating the Appellant for violating various rules and regulations regarding the processing of motor vehicle citations. Appeal dismissed.
- Erickson, Craig v. Town of Oxford 01/08/09
The Town was justified in terminating reserve police officer Erickson after he used his position as a police officer to assist a friend and former employer in collecting an unpaid bill. Appeal dismissed.
- Escobar, Gilberto v. Springfield Police Department 2/2/17
- Estrela, Fabiano v. Town of Randolph 7/17/08
The Town had reasonable justification for discharging this police officer after it was shown that he stole money and jewelry from Brazilian immigrants as part of traffic stops. Appeal dismissed.
- Evans-Howard, Emma v. Department of Correction 1/10/13
- Everton, Richard v. Town of Falmouth - Related Superior Court Decision 6/22/15
- Everton, Richard v. Town of Falmouth 11/14/13
- Fanion v. Worcester Public Schools - Related Superior Court Decision 3/11/15
- Fanion, Earl v. Worcester Public Schools 9/19/13
- Farrell, Kevin v. Town of Danvers - Related Superior Court Order 3/20/17 file size 1MB
- Farrell, Kevin v. Town of Danvers 3/3/16
- Fernandez, Justa v. Worcester Public Schools 7/11/13 file size 1MB
- Ferrin, Jeffrey v. City of Pittsfield 2 1/2 Day Suspension 12/10/09
The Appellant should egregiously poor judgment when leaving a City truck parked in front of a hospital, unlocked and running. The City was justified in suspending him for 2 1/2 days. Appeal dismissed.
- Ferrin, Jeffrey v. City of Pittsfield 3 Day Suspension 12/10/09
The Appellant's inappropriate comments over the City's two-way radio system provided the City with reasonable justification for suspending the Appellant for 3 days. Appeal dismissed.
- Ferry, Anthony v. City of Fall River 11/19/09
The City did not show reasonable justification for the Appellant's termination. The Appellant was improperly terminated, without notice, after he voiced concerns to the local board. Appeal allowed.
- Finn, Daniel v. Town of Bourne 1/10/13
- Fisher, Sarah v. Human Resources Division 4/17/14
- Fisher, Thomas v. Department of Correction 3/13/08
DOC failed to show that the Appellant used excessive force against an inmate. Appeal allowed; 20-day suspension overturned.
- Floyd, Jean v. Department of Correction 10/31/13 file size 1MB
- Foley, George v. Boston Police Department 1/15/09
The Boston Police Department was unable to show by a preponderance of the evidence that the Appellant violated the Department's 90-hour rule. Appeal allowed. Suspension overturned.
- Foley, James v. City of North Adams - Related Superior Court Decision 2/26/16 file size 1MB
- Foley, James v. City of North Adams 3/19/15
- Foley, James v. City of North Adams 9/18/14
- Fonseca, Antonio v. Holyoke DPW 3/22/07
The City was reasonably justified in suspending the Appellant for 3 days for careless use of equipment. Appeal dismissed.
- Ford, Craig v. Department of Correction 7/29/10
DOC had reasonable justification to terminate the Appellant after he was convicted of a domestic violence offense in Rhode Island and was no longer able to carry a firearm. Disciplinary appeal dismissed.
- Ford, Warren v. Town of Brookline 6/14/07
- Ford, Warren v. Town of Brookline 6/14/07
- Fortes, Joao v. Department of Correction 11/19/09 file size 1MB
By a 3-2 vote, the Commission did not adopt the recommended decision of the DALA magistrate, who recommended upholding the termination of the Appellant. Instead, the majority modified the termination and reduced the discipline imposed to a 10-day suspension.
- Frederick, Roy v. Boston Police Department - Related Superior Court Decision 4/21/09 file size 2MB
- Frederick, Roy v. Boston Police Department 11/8/07
- Freitas, Edward v. New Bedford School Department 1/5/17
- Freitas, Marcos v. City of Somerville 6/28/12
- French, Billy v. Department of Correction 8/7/14
- Fresia, Mark v. City of Pittsfield 3/12/09
Termination of DPW employee with lengthy disciplinary history upheld after recent incidents involving insubordination and unacceptable workplace behavior.
- Fresia, Mark v. City of Pittsfield 9/20/07
- Fuertes, Benjamin v. City of New Bedford 10/18/12
- Gadapee, Edward v. City of New Bedford 6/13/13
- Gagne, David v. Department of Correction 6/4/09
- Gariepy, Peter v. Department of Correction 1/11/07 (Under Appeal)
- Garvin, Jack v. Department of State Police 1/7/10
The State Police has shown through a preponderance of the evidence that the Appellant engaged in misconduct that justified his termination as a State Trooper. Appeal Dismissed.
- Garvin, Jack v. Department of State Police 5/6/10 file size 1MB
The State Police was unable to show by a preponderance of the evidence that the Appellant engaged in the alleged misconduct which resulted in a 30-day suspension. Appeal allowed.
- Gately, Sean v. Department of State Police 6/11/15
- Gaudette, Leonard v. City of Taunton 4/5/07
- Gil and Ramos v. Department of Correction 1/18/07
- Gilbert, Mark v. City of Chicopee 6/23/16
- Gilligan, Sean v. City of Quincy 11/1/12 file size 1MB
- Godere, Jeffrey v. City of Chicopee 2/4/16
- Gonsalves, Carl v. Department of Correction - Related Superior Court Decision 3/17/11
- Gonsalves, Carl v. Department of Correction 7/23/09 (Affirmed by Superior Court on 3/17/11) file size 1MB
DOC had reasonable justification for terminating the Appellant for several rule violations including his failure to disclose his close relationship with an inmate and bringing contraband into the facility. Disciplinary appeal dismissed.
- Gonsalves, Michael v. Town of Falmouth 6/14/12
- Gonsavles, Michael v. Town of Falmouth - Related Superior Court Decision 9/29/14
- Gonzalez, Anselmo v. Department of Correction 5/29/14
- Gonzalez, Eliezer v. Boston Police Department 1/25/07
- Gonzalez, Freddy v. Department of Correction 2/14/08
- Gossic, Donald v. Fall River School Committee 4/28/16
- Gougeon, Raymond v. City of Northampton 2/1/07
- Grasso & Moccio v. Town of Agawam 9/14/17 file size 1MB
- Graver, Mercedes v. Springfield Housing Authority 1/10/13
- Gresh, Gary v. City of Holyoke 5/5/11
The Appellant was able to show that there was disparate treatment in regard to discipline imposed. 1-day suspension overturned. Appeal allowed.
- Griffin, Robert v. City of Chelsea (1 Day Suspension) 1/28/10 file size 1MB
The City was justified in disciplining the Appellant after he contacted the DEA regarding a joint investigation with the City without going through the chain of command. Disciplinary appeal dismissed.
- Griffin, Robert v. City of Chelsea (5 Day Suspension) 1/28/10
The City was justified in suspending the Appellant for insubordination toward a superior officer. Disciplinary appeal dismissed.
- Griffin, Robert v. City of Chelsea - Related Superior Court Decision 9/20/13
- Grinham, Robert v. Town of Easton - Related Appeals Court Decision 6/4/10
- Grinham, Robert v. Town of Easton - Related Superior Court Decision 11/20/ 08 (Affirmed by Appeals Court on 6/4/10)
- Grinham, Robert v. Town of Easton 8/23/07 - Affirmed by Superior Court on 11/20/08
The Town had just cause to terminate the Appellant from his position as a police officer.
- Guerin, Ronald v. City of New Bedford 7/17/08