Commission Rule in Accordance with M.G.L. c.31 § 72, Subpoenas

The following rule with regard to subpoenas was adopted by the Civil Service Commission on October 11, 2001.

Pursuant to M.G.L. c.31 § 72, parties may request the authority to issue subpoenas from the Commission by motion filed at least ten (10) days prior to the scheduled hearing. Such request shall identify the individuals or documents sought and describe its relevance to the proceedings. Within seven (7) days of the request for subpoenas, a party may object to the issuance of subpoenas.

This information provided by the Civil Service Commission.