Study and Project Designer: Sasaki Associates
Construction Manager: Bond Brothers
Project Type: CM at Risk
Project Cost: $36,896,000
Gross Square Feet: 50,600
Substantial Completion Date: June 2016
This new 50,600 GSF two-story building houses the nursing, dental hygiene, clinical laboratory science, medical technology, biology and chemistry programs. Site improvements will include new utilities, new plazas, walkways and plantings.
- Project is targeting LEED platinum status.
- Project is targeting net zero energy in partnership with large solar PV array constructed by BCC on adjacent parking lot.
- Geothermal well system consisting of thirty 500 foot wells for heating/cooling systems.
- Roof top mounted domestic hot water solar PV system.
- Rooftop mounted solar PV system will generate electricity for the new building.
- Majority of fume hoods are recirculating type and will greatly reduce yearly operating costs.
- Recipient of a 2017 AIA COTE Top Ten Award. The COTE (Committee on the Environment) Top Ten Awards is the industry’s premier awards program celebrating sustainable design excellence.
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony:
Completed Project Photos: