Designer: DiMella Shaffer
MEP Engineer: Richard D. Kimball Company, Inc.
Structural Engineer: Lim Consultants, Inc.
Solar Consultant: Solar Design Consultants
Contractor; A.P. Whitaker and Sons, Inc.
Project Type: Design/Bid/Build
Project Cost: $8.7 million
Gross Square Feet: 27,000
Completion Date: Summer 2006
(all photos courtesy of Richard Madelkorn and DiMella Shaffer)
FEATURED "GREEN" BUILDING
In 2006, DCAMM completed construction on its first LEED-certified "green" building at Cape Cod Community College to house the college's information technology department. The Lyndon Lorusso Applied Technology Center is a three-story, state-of-the-art teaching and learning facility located within the ring-road that encircles the campus. Building space includes six computer lab classrooms, one open lab, a GIS lab, nine offices, two meeting rooms and the administrative IT department. Its achievement in green technology was instrumental in the college's securing the prestigious Bellwether Award in the category of "Planning, Governance and Finance" in 2006. It was funded in partnership with the college and the Massachusetts Technology Collaborative (MTC).
- First state-owned building to receive Leadership in Environmental Engineering Design (LEED) certification. Certification is at the Gold level.
- Low toxicity and recycled construction materials that minimize waste
- Maximum use of daylight
- Renewable energy including photovoltaic solar panels
- Water conservation including a grey water recovery system, low-flow toilets and fixtures, and waterless urinals
- High efficiency equipment
- Building system monitors that are tied into the college's facility management curriculum.
See the Lorusso Building "live" Resource Usage Kiosk a hands-on resource for teaching environmental technology, natural sciences and information technology.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.