Construction Manager: Barr & Barr
Project Type: CM at Risk
Project Cost: $62,739,263
Gross Square Feet: 58,7000 (101,000 gsf for existing and new)
Est. Substantial Completion Date: Fall 2015
A four-story addition plus basement and a screened mechanical room containing approximately 58,000 SF, that will house 16 teaching laboratories, including related prep and supply spaces, plus facility research spaces, joined to the existing facility by a four-story common space. Selective interior and exterior renovations to the existing Hemenway Hall and the Annex will provide a fully accessible, substantially improved teaching environment including seismic, structural, fire protection, mechanical and electrical system upgrades as well as repairs and improvements to the facades including windows.
- The addition is intended to be LEED silver certified or better.
- The renovation includes infrastructure upgrades, involving a total replacement of existing MEP/FP systems, as well as window replacement, envelope repairs and seismic upgrades.
- The new addition will house 16 chemistry and biology teaching labs and support spaces on four floors in an addition to the east of Hemenway Annex, connected to the existing building by a four story atrium.
- The common space will function as a major social space for the science complex.
- The addition will also have basement and roof-top mechanical space.
- An accessible entry to the new addition and the existing facility from the north and south will be provided.
- Renovations of interior public spaces and selective program spaces will be made.
- A significant landscape upgrade to improve accessibility and to transform Larned Beach into an attractive public amenity is included.
- The new building will be connected seamlessly to the existing, improving the overall circulation and accessibility.
A web camera to this project site is available at http://www.framingham.edu/campus-construction/index.html
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.