Construction Manager: Barr and Barr, Inc.
Project Type: CM at Risk
Project Cost: $31 Million
Gross Square Feet: 96,000
Substantial Completion Date: March 2011
This is the last phase of a multi year project and consists of a complete renovation and an addition to the Core Section of the Main Building at Greenfield Community College. The 16,000 SF addition houses a cafeteria and an expanded library and provides a new accessible main entrance to the college. The renovated core includes a one-stop enrollment center, a multicultural center, a cafeteria and a library/learning commons, and administrative spaces.
- Construction of a new barrier free main entrance
- Overall building circulation is improved between all wings with the addition of connector corridors.
- The Core building envelope is upgraded with new windows, insulation, and roofing.
- The electric heating system which serves the North Wing is replaced with a hydronic system.
- A new geothermal system supplements the existing campus system.
- Integrated building systems
- LEED Gold
Addition with new entry