Designer: Edwards & Kelcey (Phase I) and Beacon Architectural Assoc. (Phase II)
Contractor: Gardner Engineering (Phase I)
Project Type: Design/Bid/Build
Project Cost: $6.1 Million (Phase I) and $13.0 Million (Phase II)
Substantial Completion Date: May 2010
DuBois Library Improvements at UMass Amherst consists of two separate projects. Phase I, which included improvements to the main plaza concrete deck, waterproof membrane system and site, has been completed. Phase II, consisting of upgrades to the HVAC system and accessibility, was completed in May 2010.
- Replacement of main plaza concrete deck and waterproof membrane system
- Steel support structure improvements, asbestos abatement and site work improvement including planting, landscaping, utilities, and paving
- Replacement and upgrade of entire HVAC system
- Accompanying life safety improvements on the basement, main, and plaza levels
- Library must be kept open and operating during construction, but will require the Library to relocate several areas during the phased project.
- Additional permanent access to lower level
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.