Designer - DiMella Shaffer Associates
Contractor - Consigli Construction Co.
Project Type: CM at Risk
Project Cost: $43.5 Million
Gross Square Feet: 115,000
Substantial Completion Date: November 2010
This project consisted of a new administration building, a new training fire station, new storage, new maintenance facility, and renovation/expansion of the existing academy building. This project will accommodate training and maintenance needs and create an assembly area for graduation and conferences.
- LEED certified at gold level
- Will house approximately 175 personnel, most of whom are already on site, by replacing a number of temporary trailers and modular buildings with proper facilities
- 77.000 gsf of new construction
- 38,000 gsf of renovation
- Will use less energy than the present building, in spite of being 150% larger
- Will use less water for domestic purposes than is presently used, thanks to water saving fixtures and use of graywater for non-potable purposes
- Approximately 7% energy derived from solar energy
Phase I of the project - storage building, new parking lot and Title 5 septic systems was also successfully completed and is being used by DFS.
A Dedication Ceremony for the expansion project took place on June 11, 2011.
Training Fire Station
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.