Designer: The Office of Michael Rosenfeld, Inc.
Contractor: JK Scanlan Company, Inc.
Project Type: Design/Bid/Build
Project Cost: $15.3 Million
Gross Square Feet: 67,112
Substantial Completion Date: November 2010
The project was initiated to design and construct a new Massachusetts Army National Guard (MAARNG) Readiness Center in Methuen, Massachusetts to provide updated facilities and to support multiple units as determined by MAARNG. This facility replaced the existing historic building on the same site, adding program and space that is required to carry out the functions of a readiness center. Of particular importance was that the building and site be developed with consideration to the detailed MAARNG standards and guidelines for the programmatic requirements of the building, site jurisdiction and anti-terrorism regulations. Additionally SPiRiT/LEED requirements were considered to achieve sustainable goals.
The new Massachusetts Army National Guard Readiness Center features:
- A 2 - story structure, of Construction Classification 2C, for Mixed Use, Non-Separated Groups, A - Assembly, B - Business and S - Storage on a 5.5 acres parcel of land.
The base building includes:
- All elements of the exterior façade designed to be "blast resistant"
- 2 - story Assembly Hall Drill Shed w/ clearstory monitors at the roof
- Locker Rooms w/ showers
- Administrative Offices
- A vehicle maintenance and training work bay
- LEED Silver Certification
Exterior view of front entrance
Interior view from balcony