Through the Energy Team in the Office of Facilities Management and Maintenance, the Division of Capital Asset Management and Maintenance (DCAMM) administers programs to achieve energy efficiency, water conservation, and resource protection in state facilities throughout the Commonwealth.
To achieve these conservation goals the Energy Team carries out the following:
- Manages and administers energy and water projects under Chapter 25A, Section 11C and Section 14
- Coordinates agency participation in utility companies' conservation programs;
- Advises DCAMM staff on incorporating sustainable design and energy efficiency in major renovation and new construction projects;
- Participates in electricity grid initiatives such as, Alternative Portfolio Standards, Renewable Energy Credits, Demand Response and Forward Capacity Market programs
- Manages LEED registration and certification for all new buildings and major renovations and
- Provides technical assistance to other state agencies on energy efficiency and pollution prevention technology developments and program opportunities.
- Manages retro commissioning "building tune ups".
In carrying out energy and water projects, the Energy Team hires contractors to design and install conservation measures to upgrade existing state facilities' building systems project. Payments for the projects are made using funds partially or wholly derived from the energy and water savings achieved by the projects. There are two types of projects: 1) Equipment, Design, and Installation, which, generally, include a greater level of design in the RFP; and 2) Comprehensive Energy and Water projects, which generally require the contractor to undertake a greater degree of project scoping and design after selection. Both projects require that energy and water savings be verified to varying degrees, but the details for meeting the performance requirements are different.
- Find out more about Energy Conservation Procurement with the Division of Capital Asset Management and Maintenance (DCAMM).
ENERGY SERVICE AGREEMENT FORMS: