Through the Energy Team in the Office of Facilities Management and Maintenance, the Division of Capital Asset Management and Maintenance (DCAMM) administers programs to achieve energy efficiency, water conservation, and resource protection in state facilities throughout the Commonwealth.
To achieve these conservation goals the Energy Team carries out the following:
- Manages and administers energy and water projects under Chapter 25A, Section 11C and Section 14 for all eligible state agencies
- Coordinates agency participation in utility companies' conservation programs;
- Advises DCAMM staff on incorporating sustainable design and energy efficiency in major renovation and new construction projects;
- Participates in electricity grid initiatives such as, Alternative Portfolio Standards, Renewable Energy Credits, Demand Response and Forward Capacity Market programs
- Supports LEED certification for all new buildings and major renovations
- Provides technical assistance to other state agencies on energy efficiency and pollution prevention technology developments and program opportunities.
- Manages retro-commissioning "building tune ups".