The Division of Capital Asset Management and Maintenance's (DCAMM's) Office of Facilities Management and Maintenance (OFMM) has established a network of state facilities managers, the Massachusetts Facilities Managers Association (MAFMA), that meets periodically to discuss specific topics of interest with the aim toward increased information sharing and problem solving. OFMM uses the MAFMA network to disseminate information on training opportunities and new technologies, as well as to inform facilities personnel of proposed regulatory or statutory changes that may affect facilities operations. In addition, MAFMA members have established working committees to address issues of interest to facilities operators and managers. State facilities personnel who are interested in participating in this informal association should e-mail Alana.Swiec@state.ma.us
The program managers listed below are the DCAMM - OFMM representatives who are available to help our client agencies address their operations and maintenance challenges and issues.
Scott Calisti, 617-727-4030 ext. 267
Agency assignment - Higher Education
Susan Kreusch , 617-727-4030 ext. 262
Agency assignment - Administration & Finance, Environmental Affairs, Economic Affairs, Public Safety & Veterans Affairs.
Chairperson of Human Resources Committee
Chairperson of Compliance Committee
Edward Nicosia , 617-727-4030 ext. 265
Agency assignment - Health & Human Services
Chairperson of Contracts Committee
Francis (Tom) Tagan, 617-727-4030 ext. 272
Agency assignment - Judiciary and UMass Campuses
Chairperson of Standards/Funding Committee
Chairperson of the Education Committee
MAFMA committees have been established to address areas of interest as identified by state facilities managers. Other committees may be formed as issues of common concern are raised. Current committees and their areas of focus are described below.
- Assist in contract development /scopes of services to be used by multiple agencies
- Catalog contracts and develop generic specifications
- Develop state wide contracts via DCAMM to address O&M needs
- Share best practices
- Establish maintenance standards
- Conduct assessments of facilities' status relative to standards
- Target areas for improvement/investment
- Advocate for appropriate funding
- Enhance facility perception through establishing / achieving maintenance standards
- Develop maintenance and operations survey for building use
- Clarify and disseminate what data should be entered into CAMIS
- Update CAMIS condition assessments
- Determine desirable system enhancements
- Network with the other facilities managers for best practices, contractor information and other project experiences
- Create and monitor a List Serve to facilitate sharing of current technical information and assistance
- Create and update a MAFMA web-site
- Develop and provide O & M training opportunities to members and other state facility personnel.
Higher Ed Regional Coordination Committees:
- Southeastern MA
- Western MA
- Central MA
- Meets Quarterly
- Each meeting is at a new location which includes a site tour
MAFMA List Serve (for MAFMA members only)
As a communication tool, MAFMA has established a list serve for use by Massachusetts state facilities personnel. For further information please contact Tom Tagan at 617-727-4030 ext. 272 or e-mail Francis.Tagan@state.ma.us.