The Division of Capital Asset Management and Maintenance shares the below information about a state funded training program open to MBE, WBE and small businesses that is being provided by Next Street. There is a session starting later this month which may be of interest to you.
For registration >> download the registration form.
Next Street will have future training dates in other parts of the Commonwealth as well.
Contact Next Street directly for further information about the upcoming program or to get announcements of future programs.
If you are a firm seeking to grow your contracting business, then please join the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and Next Street for a M/W/SBE workshop series to help you build capacity and grow your businesses to procure state contracts in public construction. There is an upcoming program, that will be held in Boston, that is designed for companies with revenues $2.5 million and less
- Prime Contractor’s Roundtable: Primes will discuss upcoming projects and bid opportunities
- Steering Committee Roundtable: Meet with Senior Leaders of procurement for the State who are responsible for awarding contracts – Office of Access & Opportunity, MassDOT, DCAMM, SDO and Office of Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Business Plan Competition: The participant who attend all 5 workshops, completes and submits the most compelling and comprehensive business plan will have an opportunity to win $5,000
Capacity and Contracts
Grow Your Contracting Business: Join Next Street for a 5-day workshop series for M/W/SBEs who want to build capacity and grow their businesses to procure state contracts in public construction.
April 30, May 14, 22, 28 and June 11
Time: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Breakfast and Lunch to be served)
New England Center for Arts & Technology
23 Bradston Street
Boston, MA 02118
Fee: $500 with scholarships available for those that meet specific criteria
Leaders of small to medium-sized contracting companies with an interest in growing their businesses, building capacity, pursuing and winning public construction contracts with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Leaders of participating companies will acquire practical tools and information necessary to scale their businesses and pursue public construction contracts, including:
- Strategy – strategic frameworks, competitive positioning and marketing for contracts
- Financial Management– Get a personalized assessment of the financial health of your business and the financial tools you need to plan for growth.
- Talent Management – Gain techniques to better understand your team's strengths and how to leverage your leadership skills to drive the team's performance.
- Pursuing Contracts – Master the contract application and bidding process including how to network with other firms to bid on larger opportunities.
- Networking and Teaming – meeting other M/W/SBEs interested in growing their businesses, as well as general and prime contractors who are looking to do business with M/W/SBEs
In addition, participants will receive training from experienced practitioners in technical areas, such as project management, bonding, contract administration, and ethics and compliance.
Topics for the workshops include:
- Building the Foundation – Assessing the strengths and areas of opportunity for your business
- Framing for Growth – Increasing competencies around the key aspects of scaling your business
- Breaking down Walls – Building relationships to assist your company’s growth, learning tips to successfully win bids
- Choosing the Right Materials – Developing presentation, marketing and networking skills
- Final Touches – Developing an Action Plan to execute on your company’s next steps
The series is dedicated to a combination of topics that explore various aspects of “what it takes” to scale a business including: strategic and financial planning, organizational development and maximizing leadership, leveraging partnerships, and overcoming barriers to growth.
At the conclusion of the workshop series, participants will develop a customized Action Plan for taking the next steps in preparing to scale as well as meet with senior leaders of procurement for the State who are responsible for awarding contracts.
An understanding of the critical aspects of your business for profitable growth, including:
- Strategic growth drivers
- Talent management tools, including leadership and performance measures
- Financial management and cost-saving strategies
- Teaming and partnering on competitive bids
- Public construction bid process
For More Information about this program visit: http://www.nextstreet.com/mgcc