Manual for Leasing and State Office Planning file size 1MB can be downloaded or any chapter can be downloaded by clicking the proper links.
You may wish to view the Table of Contents before you download material.
There is a one page Preface which outlines the goals and recommendations of the Work Group who created this Manual.
Chapter 2 provides guidance in overall facilities planning, options for meeting an Agency"s facilities needs, and determining needs for an individual office or facility. The goal is to enable agencies to plan for facilities in a manner which promotes cost-effective solutions that support Agency program goals and provides adaptability for changes in operations and technology.
Chapter 3 describes the role and responsibilities of the Division of Capital Asset Management and Maintenance (DCAMM) and the Agency in acquiring and managing leased space.
Chapter 4 Standards for Facilities Planning
Chapter 4 contains information on procedures and use of standard forms and documents necessary for state office planning, solicitation of lease proposals, and completion and execution of a lease.
This Chapter contains the following seven Sections:
- Section A, Commonwealth Standards , provides an overview of Commonwealth standards for leased space.
- Section B, How to Prepare the Schematic Space Plan , describes the process for laying out the Agency"s space program in the selected facility.
- Section C, Standard Forms for Acquisition of Leased Space, contains standard forms and instructions to assist in the acquisition of leased space through delegation of authority or in partnership with DCAMM. The Standard Forms and Instructions can be downloaded from this web site.
- Section D, Standard Forms of Request for Proposals; Advertising and Notice Requirements , includes instructions and standard forms of Request for Proposals (RFP) developed to implement the requirements of M.G.L. Chapter 7 for an open and competitive solicitation of proposals for leased space. Chapter 4, Section D also includes the statutory advertising and notice requirements for the acquisition of leased space, and includes a sample newspaper advertisement and Central Register notice. Information regarding acquisition of leased space with reduced advertising requirements is also included.
- Section E, Procedures for Acquisition of a New Lease or Lease Amendment , contains procedures for how an agency acquires leased space and amends an existing lease.
- Section F, Standard Forms of Lease and Related Documents , includes instructions for completing and executing Commonwealth of Massachusetts standard legal forms for leases. Section F contains the standard form of office lease.This section also includes a sample First Amendment to Lease and Lease Extension, the standard Tenant Estoppel Certificate and the standard form of Subordination, Non-Disturbance and Attornment Agreement.
- Section G, Instructions for Change of Ownership During Lease Term, , outlines the documentation required for a change of ownership of the leased property during the term of a lease.