Tori Kim is the Primary Records Access Officer (RAO) for the Executive Office for Administration and Finance (A&F). Garrett Quinn and Sarah Finlaw are the Secondary RAOs.
Please use the form below to make a public records request of the Executive Office for Administration and Finance. This helps to ensure the most expeditious and accurate response to your request.
Otherwise, public records requests can be made via email to ANF.RAO@state.ma.us or via hand delivery or mail to:
Executive Office for Administration & Finance
Attn: Records Access Officer
State House, Room 373
Boston, MA 02133
We encourage the public to submit written requests whenever possible. If an oral request is necessary, please call 617-727-2040 and ask for the Records Access Officer.
Questions regarding how to file a public records request or the status of a public records request can be made via email at ANF.RAO@state.ma.us or by calling 617-727-2040.
General categories of public records in the possession of A&F include the following:
- Governor’s budget recommendations and related documents
- Governor’s capital budgets and related documents
- State government spending reports (through “Open Checkbook”)
- Open meeting notices required to be posted at the State House
- Proposed regulations submitted to Secretary of State’s Office
- “Pay-for-success” contracts executed under G.L. c. 10, § 35VV
- Meeting minutes and votes taken by the State Finance and Governance Board
- Meeting minutes and votes taken by the Debt Affordability Committee
The public records required to be posted on our website are as follows:
- Final opinions, decisions, orders, or votes from agency proceedings: Finance Advisory Board and Capital Debt Affordability Committee
- Annual reports (N.A.)
- Notices of regulations proposed under chapter 30A
- Notices of hearings
- Winning bids for public contracts
- Awards of federal, state and municipal government grants (N.A.)
- Minutes of open meetings, Finance Advisory Board and Capital Debt Affordability Committee
- Agency budgets
When requesting public records, please provide a reasonable description of the records sought and a preferred format, if any, for receiving public records that are available in electronic form. Please understand that a request to search employee emails will generally require more time to complete and may require us to charge fees. It is often helpful to specify a time period and particular search terms, so that the search does not yield unmanageable results.
All requests will be processed in accordance with the public records law and regulations at M.G.L. c. 66, § 1 et seq. (as most recently amended by An Act to Improve Public Records, St. 2016, c. 121) and 950 C.M.R. 32.00. The procedure for appealing a public records response to the Supervisor of Public Records is set forth at 950 C.M.R. 32.08, available at http://www.mass.gov/courts/case-legal-res/law-lib/laws-by-source/cmr/.
Contacting an Agency
To help avoid delay in responses, please consider whether your public record request would more appropriately be directed to a secretariat or agency.
Each secretariat and agency has a designated RAO who will receive and respond to public records requests. The following are links to A&F agency PRR pages and RAO emails for your review.