Protecting organization assets from:
- Unauthorized access
- Accidental destruction
- Intentional destruction.
- Personnel safety
- Due diligence
- Legal requirements (State, Federal, Local, etc.)
- Financial loss
- Loss of the business or service
- Protect sensitive or confidential information
- Promote ethical behavior
Examples of typical incidents
- e-mail viruses
- scans/probes attempts (internal/external users scanning the network for unauthorized access)
- web defacements attempts
- Computer Hi-jack attempts (Remote Control/Trojans)
- Illegal/Inappropriate Activity
- Copyright violations
- Pirated software, music, and movies
- SPAM (sent) – Visiting inappropriate websites (gambling, pornography)
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.