The State Library of Massachusetts holds the most complete collection of Massachusetts state publications in existence, dating to the inception of the Library in 1826, with some earlier materials also available. The Library’s collection includes legislative, executive, and judicial documents, as well as publications from commissions, authorities, and other agencies of Massachusetts government.
Many state documents are now published solely in electronic form, while many older documents have been digitized. The State Library permanently preserves and provides access to these resources through its electronic repository.
If you are unable to locate the information you’re looking for through our repository, you can also search the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’s Archive-It collection. Archive-It is a service that periodically crawls the Mass.gov portal website to capture and provide access to the official website of Mass.gov from 2008 to the present.
To search for state publications, navigate to the “Mass.gov site with documents” link. Select the
“www.mass.gov” URL, then select the appropriate date for the content you are searching. This will take you to the Mass.gov homepage as it appeared on that date. You can then navigate to the homepage of the agency which produced the content you’re seeking. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact us.
Information For State Agencies Regarding The Submission of Documents
Some of the state documents in our collection include:
- Acts and Resolves
- General Laws of Massachusetts
- House and Senate Bills
- House and Senate Journals
- Code of Massachusetts Regulations
- Annual Reports of the State Auditor
- Annual Reports and other reports from state agencies
- Charter School Applications and Annual Reports
- Bond Issues promulgated by the State Treasurer
- Audio and video of legislative sessions and hearings
- State Library's Digital Collections
- Massachusetts Legislature
- My Election Information
- Election Statistics Database
- Massachusetts Corporations Database
- Massachusetts Land Records
- Citizen’s Guide to State Services
- State Data Center at UMass Donahue Institute
- Massachusetts Open Data Initiative
- MassGIS Online Mapping
This information is provided by The State Library of Massachusetts.