Please note: to access many of the resources on this page you must have a CommonWiki login
If you are having a problem using Percussion or are requesting a service from our team such as a friendly URL, follow these steps:
- If you are having a problem, try to resolve it on your own by reviewing our online documentation .
- Try to resolve any problems by consulting others in your organization. Each agency with a portalized site has designated 2 lead site administrators to act as the first level of internal support.
- If a lead site administrator determines that no one within your organization can provide a resolution, they will obtain support from Mass.Gov as defined below. Please note: only Lead Site Administrators are authorized to get support from Mass.Gov; do not file a report directly.
If you are having a problem using Percussion, try to resolve the problem on your own by searching our online documentation . If you are unable to resolve the problem using these materials, obtain support from Mass.Gov as defined below.
- Submit a service request using the ComIT system for a new order, such as requesting content additions, a new content type, or friendly URL.
- Report incidents using the ComIT system for technical problems, such as when Percussion is not working properly or for assistance with an emergency content update during a Percussion outage.
The incident report should contain a brief description of the problem, the user's Browser/OS and the user's name, email address, and phone number. Mass.Gov is not able to manually load files for agencies or make manual changes to agency content. We are not staffed to handle this and we are not familiar with agency content which makes it difficult for us to understand what changes need to be made.
Web Content Support and Backup Recommendations
Mass.Gov cannot serve as backup or perform agency content updates except for emergencies. Therefore, agencies should develop backup plans to compensate for staff absences or after-hours content updates. Agencies should:
- Have more than one person with the skills, training, and licensing necessary to update content using Percussion.
- Provide VPN capability to facilitate remote content updates from outside MAGNet and during off hours. Your security coordinator can place a service request for VPN.
If you have a critical or emergency publishing need and cannot wait until the next business day, call CommonHelp at 866-888-2808. If your problem is neither critical nor an emergency, please follow the procedures above and your problem will be addressed when staff are available during normal business hours. Mass.Gov does not provide routine Percussion support after hours or on weekends.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact Andrew Larrimore at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-626-4629.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.