On May 1, 2012, under a designation agreement with the Operational Services Agreement, the Information Technology Division signed a contract with ESRI for a Master Service Agreement (MSA or “state blanket contract”) under which all political subdivisions of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts can purchase both GIS software products and GIS-related services from ESRI. The identifier for this MSA is ITS48designatedITD.
The contract prices are less than "list" and about the same as Federal GSA pricing. This MSA replaces the previous MSA known as ITS39designatedENV. Neil MacGaffey, Assistant Director of MassGIS, was the procurement team lead and is the MSA’s point of contact. The contract for the MSA was negotiated by ITD’s General Counsel, Linda Hamel.
When Massachusetts government agencies request a quote for software or services from ESRI, they will receive a correct quote if they request pricing under MSA "ITS48DesignatedITD". Details of this MSA can be found on Comm-PASS as follows:
- Visit www.comm-pass.com
- Scroll to the bottom of the main page and select “Search for a contract”
- On the next screen type ITS48designatedITD into the “Document Number” field, select a “Document Status” of Active, and then select “SEARCH”
- The search will result in a clickable link at the top of the same web page for the contract page.
- On the next web page, select the “eyeglasses” icon the extreme right.
- The contract documents are under the Forms and Terms tab.
The contract for the MSA will last until June 30, 2014 and the Commonwealth has two options to extend the contract for an additional year. Thus the contract could last through June 30, 2016. If you have any questions about the contract or about pricing, please contact Neil MacGaffey at email@example.com.
Last Updated 6/29/2012