The GIS data layers listed on this page were developed by the Department of Transportation, Office of Transportation Planning (MassDOT-OTP). MassGIS stores unmodified copies in its ArcSDE geodatabase for use in OLIVER and the internal ArcMap Data Viewer. These layers may be downloaded as shapefiles from within OLIVER and also are included as shapefiles on MassGIS Data Viewer DVDs.
For details and links to download the data from MassDOT, please visit the following Web pages maintained by MassDOT (the names of the layers as stored at MassGIS are listed in parentheses):
The first seven layers may be accessed in OLIVER and the Data Viewers from the 'Infrastructure' category, the last two from 'Political Boundaries'.
- Airports (AIRPORTS_PT)Current to January 2012
- Ferry Routes (FERRYROUTES_ARC) Current to January 2012
- Seaports (SEAPORTS_PT) Current to June 2005
- Boston Harbor Water Taxi Stops (WATERTAXISTOPS_PT) Current to January 2012
- Tollbooths (TOLLBOOTHS_PT) Current to January 2012
- MBTA Parking Lots (MBTAPARKINGLOTS_PT) Current to January 2012
- Park and Ride Lots (PARKRIDELOTS_PT) Current to January 2012
- Regional Transit Authorities (comprises the following individual layers) Current to January 2012
- RTA (non-MBTA) Polygons (RTASNONMBTA_POLY)
- MBTA Highest Assessment Area(RTASMBTAHIGH_POLY)
- MBTA Secondary Assessment Area(RTASMBTASEC_POLY)
- MBTA Other Served Areas(RTASMBTAOTHER_POLY)
- Massachusetts 2000 Urban Boundaries(MA2000URBBND_POLY) Current to 2000
The MassDOT-OTP's Data Resources section also maintains and distributes other GIS data layers. Visit the MassDOT site for the full list.
Last Updated 6/26/2012
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.