- MassGIS Data - Level 3 Assessors’ Parcel Mapping
April 9, 2015 - Updated data for the following 25 municipalities is now available; most are FY2015 updates: Adams, Ashfield, Barre, Bolton, Buckland, Chelmsford, Deerfield, Dover, Dudley, Edgartown, Fitchburg, Hamilton, Lawrence, Mashpee, Methuen, Paxton, Plainfield, Plymouth, Quincy, Randolph, Reading, Rockland, Sandisfield, Southwick, and Walpole.
- MassGIS Data - Building Structures (2-D, from 2011-2014 Ortho Imagery)
April 9, 2015 - 28 communities updated based on 2013/2014 USGS imagery and other sources
- MassGIS Data - USGS Color Ortho Imagery (2013/2014)
March 30, 2015 - Imagery available for download statewide, including Cape Cod.
- LiDAR 2015 Acquisition
March 24, 2015 - Along with several partners, MassGIS is acquiring LiDAR terrain data for the remainder of the state.
- MassGIS Data - Community Preservation Act (CPA) Towns
March 31, 2015 - Updated to represent the latest data.
- MassGIS Data - Office of Fishing and Boating Access Sites
March 18, 2015 - Attribute edits for coastal access for two points.
- MassGIS Data - Community Boundaries (Towns) from Survey Points
March 13, 2015 - Duxbury-Pembroke boundary edited based on survey plan.
- MassGIS Data - MA DFW Coldwater Fisheries Resources (1:25,000)
March 3, 2015 - Mass. DFW has updated the data model for this layer.
- MassGIS Data - Public School Districts
February 6, 2015 - Data updated to include all types of districts.
- MassGIS Data - MassDEP BWP Major Facilities
January 13, 2015 - MassDEP has updated its BWP Major Facilities data layer. Data are current as of June 30, 2014.
- MassGIS Data - MassDEP Underground Storage Tanks
January 13, 2015 - MassDEP has made available a new data layer of Underground Storage Tank locations. Data are current as of June 30, 2014.
- MassGIS Data - Protected and Recreational OpenSpace
January 12, 2015 - The Department of Conservation and Recreation’s water resources division made spatial improvements to hundreds of polygons by moving them to Level-3 parcel level of accuracy. The Department of Agriculture and the Division of Fish and Game and the Executive Office of Environmental Affairs are keeping the dataset current by beginning to digitize acquisitions in-fee as well as restrictions acquired in FY 2015. Data downloads represent updates as of 1/12/2015.
- MassGIS Data - Legislative District Layers Updated
- MassGIS Data - Police Stations
December 30, 2014 - MassGIS corrected the location and updated the addresses of several points.
- MassGIS Data - County Boundaries
November 20, 2014 - County boundaries based on the Towns from Survey points.
- Updates to Two MassDEP Data Layers
- MassGIS Data - Farmers' Markets
November 13, 2014 - The latest update from the Mass. Department of Agricultural Resources, current as of November 4, is now available for download.
- MassGIS Data - FEMA National Flood Hazard Layer
November 3, 2014 - Data added for Barnstable and Nantucket counties. Other areas updated.
- MassGIS Data - MassDEP Eelgrass Mapping Project
September 23, 2014 -- New seagrass data are available from delineation completed during 2013.
- MassGIS Data - MBTA Rapid Transit
September 4, 2014 - The new Assembly station on the Orange Line was added.
- MassGIS Data - Trains
July 16, 2014 - MBTA Commuter Rail and other rail features updated.
- MassGIS Data - MBTA Bus Routes and Stops
July 3, 2014 - Summer 2014 update provided by the Central Transportation Planning Staff.
- MassGIS Data - DCR Pools
June 18, 2014 - The latest update from the Mass. Dept. of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) GIS Program is based on DCR pool listings as of May 22, 2014.
- MassGIS Data - Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) Roads
June 13, 2014 - The year-end 2013 data from MassDOT are now available for download.
April 23, 2014- MassGIS announces results of funding to vendors for enhancements to the Level 3 Parcel data for 132 communities. After funding the creation of the parcel data, it became clear that some communities needed the data enhanced to increase its usability and allow for its integration into existing Assessor processes. Therefore, 8 vendors will be adding capabilities to the data that make it more user friendly, along with a commitment that it will be maintained to our standard. This is the list of communities, vendors, dollar value of the work and the fiscal years when the work will take place.
- MassGIS Data - Designated Shellfish Growing Areas
April 18, 2014 - Update from Department of Fish and Game's Division of Marine Fisheries. This layer reflects classification areas as of Jan. 8, 2014.
- MassGIS Data - DCR Roads and Trails
March 18, 2014 - Road and trail networks and points features in DCR Division of State Parks and Recreation properties.
- MassGIS Data - MassDEP Land Disposal of Solid Waste
March 7, 2014 - Several new features and updated data and metadata. Current as of December 2013.
- MassGIS Data - Community Boundaries (Towns)
February 25, 2014 - Attribute updates to the Towns and Boundaries data layers
January 14, 2013 - MassGIS has funding in FY2014 and FY2015 for a new project to enhance standardized mapping . The focus of these enhancements is assessor map content missing from the standardized mapping and other obstacles to maintaining standardized assessor mapping.
- MassGIS Data - Hurricane Surge Inundation Zones
October 23, 2013 - This new layer represents worst-case Hurricane Surge Inundation areas for Category 1 through 4 coastal hurricanes, based on SLOSH model data.
- Maintaining Standardized Parcel Mapping
October 8, 2013 - A new section on our website provides information for Assessors and mapping vendors about the importance of maintaining standardized parcel mapping, and contains instructions on how to do it.
- Updates to MassDEP Data Layers
- LiDAR Fugro Viewer
October 1, 2013 - Many of MassGIS's customers do not have their own GIS to view our GIS data so they use OLIVER .Users have recently asked about adding LiDAR data, either the DEM rasters or the LAS point files, to OLIVER.This cannot be done, however on the LiDAR metadata page we've posted a link to a free LiDAR (both DEMs and LAS) viewer released by Fugro.It has a tool that will return the elevation in meters for any location in the LiDAR coverage area.
- MassGIS Data - Massachusetts Geographic Response Plan
August 21, 2013 -- New from MassDEP, the GRP layers support the state's planning document and response tool to guide local responders during the first 24 to 48 hours of a major coastal oil spill.
- MassGIS Data - MassDEP 2012 Integrated List of Waters (305(b)/303(d))
September 26, 2013 - These data represent the combined reporting elements for the 2012 cycle of sections 305(b) and 303(d) of the Federal Clean Water Act. The objective of this statute is to restore and maintain the chemical, physical, and biological integrity of the Nation's waters.
- MassGIS Data - Limited Access Highway Exits
July 23, 2013 -- Improved, more spatially accurate and updated data from MassDOT.
- Digital Globe 2011-12 Ortho Image Base Map
July 11 2013 - Now available from the "Basemaps" button in Oliver, an aerial-photo reference map that displays color, 30-centimeter pixel resolution ortho imagery captured in 2011 and 2012, the most up-to-date ortho photography available at MassGIS.
- MassGIS Data - LiDAR Terrain Data
May 16, 2013 - DEMs and LAS and other point data from 2012 are now available for the Merrimack and Hudson-Hoosic and Deerfield watershed areas. Most of eastern Massachusetts as well as portions of Hampden County are already available.
- OLIVER Enhancements and Bug Fixes
June 17, 2013 - Updates include new tools: a simple one-datalayer-at-a-time identify; a simple buffer creator; an abutters list generator in MuniMappers, and more, plus bug fixes.
- MassGIS Data - Prime Forest Land
Jan. 15, 2013 - The Prime Forest Land dataset is now complete statewide, with the addition of Franklin and Plymouth Counties.