- MassGIS Data - Building Structures (2-D, from Ortho Imagery)
February 10, 2017 - 32 communities updated based on 2013-2015 imagery and other sources.
- MassGIS Data - Protected and Recreational OpenSpace
February 3, 2017 - GIS staff at the DAR, DFG, DCR and EEA continued to improve the data by adding many new acquisitions in-fee as well as restrictions for FY 2017. Spatial and attribute changes were implemented to increase accuracy for many hundreds of polygons statewide.
- MassGIS Data - MA DFW Coldwater Fisheries Resources (1:25,000)
January 30, 2017 - Mass. DFW has updated the data to reflect 2016 fisheries sampling efforts.
- MassGIS Data - MBTA Bus Routes and Stops
January 6, 2017 - Fall 2016 update provided by the Central Transportation Planning Staff.
- MassGIS Data - Legislative District Layers Updated
- MassGIS Data - Community Preservation Act (CPA) Towns
December 29, 2016 - Updated to represent the latest data from the 2016 fall elections.
- MassGIS Data - Community Boundaries (Towns) from Survey Points
December 23, 2016 - Boundaries updated between Canton-Sharon-Norwood; Sharon-Walpole; Barnstable-Mashpee; Holland-Wales. These changes were based on Level 3 parcels data, newer imagery, scanned Harbor and Lands Atlas plans, and input from the affected towns. Most of these boundaries followed streams or rights-of-way that were either traced atop older imagery or not modified from the 1:25,000 mapping of community boundaries.
- MassGIS Data - Level 3 Assessors’ Parcel Mapping
December 6, 2016 - the following 21 municipalities were updated. Most are first time updates and are mostly fiscal year 2017, with a few FY 2016: Acushnet, Barre, Canton, Dalton, Dover, Easthampton, Essex, Freetown, Gill, Middleton, Millbury, Millville, Montague, New Salem, Newton, Rowe, Shutesbury, Sunderland, West Brookfield, Westminster, and Worthington.
- MassGIS Data - Highway Mile Markers
November 29, 2016 - Milepost locations on numbered routes throughout the state.
- Updates to Two MassDEP Data Layers
- MassGIS Data - NHESP Natural Communities
July 18, 2016 - Latest update from NHESP; data current as of June 30, 2016.
- Program for Enhancing Standardized Parcel Mapping July 14, 2016 - MassGIS has additional funding to provide enhancements to the Level 3 parcel data. The objective of the Standardized Mapping Enhancement Initiative is to make it possible for communities in the Commonwealth to maintain standardized assessor parcel maps. The application deadline is July 29, 2016
- MassGIS Data - LiDAR Terrain Data
July 8, 2016 - Coverage for the state now complete! DEMs from 2015 are now available for western Mass, filling in large gaps and replacing some older areas.
- MassGIS Data - MassDEP Ground Water Discharge Permits
June 9, 2016 - Latest update from MassDEP. Data current as of March 10, 2016.
- MassGIS Data - Farmers' Markets
June 1, 2016 - The latest update from the Mass. Department of Agricultural Resources, current as of April 5, is now available for download.
- MassGIS Data - Massachusetts Geographic Response Plan
May 24, 2016 -- Update from MassDEP. GRP data support the state's planning document and response tool to guide local responders during the first 24 to 48 hours of a major coastal oil spill.
- MassGIS Data - MassDEP 2014 Integrated List of Waters (305(b)/303(d))
May 24, 2016 - These data represent the combined reporting elements for the 2014 cycle of sections 305(b) and 303(d) of the Federal Clean Water Act. The objective of this statute is to restore and maintain the chemical, physical, and biological integrity of the Nation's waters.
- MassGIS Data - MassDEP Major Facilities
May 20, 2016 - MassDEP has updated its Major Facilities data layer. Data are current as of April 29, 2016.
- MassGIS Data - MassDEP Underground Storage Tanks
May 20, 2016 - MassDEP has made available a new data layer of Underground Storage Tank locations. Data are current as of April 29, 2016.
- MassGIS Data - MSAG Communities
April 25, 2016 - Data now available; part of MassGIS' Master Address Database.
- MassGIS Data - Office of Fishing and Boating Access Sites
April 4, 2016 - Latest update from the Dept. of Fish and Game.
- MassGIS Data - DCAMM Regions
March 29, 2016 - New data representing boundaries used by the Massachusetts Division of Capital Asset Management and Maintenance (DCAMM) for planning and administrative purposes.
- MassGIS Data - MassDEP Solid Waste Diversion and Disposal
March 16, 2016 - One new layer, several new features and updated data and metadata.
- MassGIS Data - Regional Planning Agencies
February 25, 2016 - The MAPC/OCPC region was edited to include Duxbury and Hanover, which have become members of both RPAs.
- MassGIS Data - Public Utility Service Providers
January 29, 2016 - Updated with electric, natural gas, and cable television data from 2015.
- MassGIS Data - 2015 WorldView Orthoimagery
December 23, 2015 - Statewide imagery now available, including a public Web service.
- MassGIS Data - Police Stations
December 3, 2015 - The spatial locations and attributes of nearly one hundred points were corrected and updated. Some edits were completed by an Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs intern in the spring of 2014; MassGIS reviewed them all and made additional edits.
- MassGIS Data - Fire Stations
December 3, 2015 - Data updated for Gardner, Holbrook and Whately.
- MassGIS Data - Schools (Pre-K through High School)
November 16, 2015 - Updated for the 2015-2016 school year with data from the Mass. Dept. of Elementary and Secondary Education as of October 20, 2015.
- MassGIS Data - Designated Shellfish Growing Areas
November 4, 2015 - Update from Department of Fish and Game's Division of Marine Fisheries. This layer reflects classification areas as of Aug. 13, 2015.
- MassGIS Data - Town and City Halls
September 1, 2015 - The West Boylston town hall point was moved to its current location.
- MassGIS Data - Surficial Geology (1:24,000)
August 27, 2015 - Data available for Area "I", covering the Quabbin region to Worcester.
- MassGIS Data - ZIP Codes (5-Digit) from HERE (Navteq)
July 8, 2015 - New data layer containing boundaries of Massachusetts ZIP Codes, from HERE (Navteq) 2015 Q2 data.
- MassGIS Data - DCR Roads and Trails
June 22, 2015 - Update to road and trail networks and points features in DCR Division of State Parks and Recreation properties.
June 11, 2015 - ESRI, the worlds leading GIS software company, is now using MassGISs Survey Town Boundaries in it's official worldwide topographic map.
The map can be viewed here.
- MassGIS Data - Long Distance Trails
June 9, 2015 - Most trails updated using GPS.
- MassGIS Data - DCR Pools
June 9, 2015 - The latest update from the Mass. Dept. of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) GIS Program is based on DCR pool listings as of May 19, 2015.
- MassGIS Data - Trains
April 29, 2015 - MBTA Commuter Rail station feature in Brockton updated.
- MassGIS Data - USGS Color Ortho Imagery (2013/2014)
March 30, 2015 - Imagery available for download statewide, including Cape Cod.
- LiDAR 2015 Acquisition
March 24, 2015 - Along with several partners, MassGIS is acquiring LiDAR terrain data for the remainder of the state.
- MassGIS Data - Public School Districts
February 6, 2015 - Data updated to include all types of districts.
- MassGIS Data - County Boundaries
November 20, 2014 - County boundaries based on the Towns from Survey points.
- MassGIS Data - FEMA National Flood Hazard Layer
November 3, 2014 - Data added for Barnstable and Nantucket counties. Other areas updated.
- MassGIS Data - MassDEP Eelgrass Mapping Project
September 23, 2014 -- New seagrass data are available from delineation completed during 2013.
- MassGIS Data - MBTA Rapid Transit
September 4, 2014 - The new Assembly station on the Orange Line was added.
- MassGIS Data - Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) Roads
June 13, 2014 - The year-end 2013 data from MassDOT are now available for download.
April 23, 2014- MassGIS announces results of funding to vendors for enhancements to the Level 3 Parcel data for 132 communities. After funding the creation of the parcel data, it became clear that some communities needed the data enhanced to increase its usability and allow for its integration into existing Assessor processes. Therefore, 8 vendors will be adding capabilities to the data that make it more user friendly, along with a commitment that it will be maintained to our standard. This is the list of communities, vendors, dollar value of the work and the fiscal years when the work will take place.
- MassGIS Data - Community Boundaries (Towns)
February 25, 2014 - Attribute updates to the Towns and Boundaries data layers
- MassGIS Data - Hurricane Surge Inundation Zones
October 23, 2013 - This new layer represents worst-case Hurricane Surge Inundation areas for Category 1 through 4 coastal hurricanes, based on SLOSH model data.
- Maintaining Standardized Parcel Mapping
October 8, 2013 - A new section on our website provides information for Assessors and mapping vendors about the importance of maintaining standardized parcel mapping, and contains instructions on how to do it.
- LiDAR Fugro Viewer
October 1, 2013 - Many of MassGIS's customers do not have their own GIS to view our GIS data so they use OLIVER .Users have recently asked about adding LiDAR data, either the DEM rasters or the LAS point files, to OLIVER.This cannot be done, however on the LiDAR metadata page we've posted a link to a free LiDAR (both DEMs and LAS) viewer released by Fugro.It has a tool that will return the elevation in meters for any location in the LiDAR coverage area.
- MassGIS Data - MassDEP 2012 Integrated List of Waters (305(b)/303(d))
September 26, 2013 - These data represent the combined reporting elements for the 2012 cycle of sections 305(b) and 303(d) of the Federal Clean Water Act. The objective of this statute is to restore and maintain the chemical, physical, and biological integrity of the Nation's waters.
- MassGIS Data - Limited Access Highway Exits
July 23, 2013 -- Improved, more spatially accurate and updated data from MassDOT.
- Digital Globe 2011/2012 Color Ortho Imagery
May 14, 2015 - Now available as a cached tileset hosted at ArcGIS Online.
- OLIVER Enhancements and Bug Fixes
June 17, 2013 - Updates include new tools: a simple one-datalayer-at-a-time identify; a simple buffer creator; an abutters list generator in MuniMappers, and more, plus bug fixes.
- MassGIS Data - Prime Forest Land
Jan. 15, 2013 - The Prime Forest Land dataset is now complete statewide, with the addition of Franklin and Plymouth Counties.