The following municipalities in Massachusetts have posted information online about their GIS programs. This information was collected at a time when most municipalities did not have some form of online mapping presence. However, now most have an online assessor data lookup and many have some sort of online mapping:
(if you have a website that should be included on this page, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Assessing Oriented Sites
- Town of Amherst - The Public GIS Viewer offers a rich set of capabilities and provides access to a vast amount of information.
- Town of Northborough - Search for a property or click on "Go Directly To Mapping"
- City of Pittsfield Online Property Viewer
- Town of Raynham - Select "New Town Mapping" link (under main picture on front page)
- Town of Sandwich - Search for a property or click on "Go Directly To SandwichGIS online map"
- City of Springfield - Select any street, view data on specific parcels, and add other map themes.
- City of West Springfield GIS Page - Scroll down to "West Springfield Interactive GIS Maps" and select Property Viewer"
- Town of Weymouth - Select "On-line property viewer" link (under "web-site features")
- Island of Martha's Vineyard
Also see http://www.gispilot.com/States/Massachusetts.html and http://www.visionappraisal.com/databases/mass/index.htm for lists of many sites featuring online access to assessors' databases, some with maps.
General On-Line Mapping Sites
- Town of Barnstable
- Town of Belchertown
- City of Beverly
- City of Boston (Boston Redevelopment Authority)
- Town of Braintree
- City of Chelsea GIS
- Town of Concord WebGIS
- Town of Dedham
- Town of Douglas
- Town of Falmouth
- Town of Franklin
- City of Gardner
- Town of Hanson
- City of Lowell - Select one of the "Quick Map" choices.
- Town of Middleborough
- Town of Nantucket
- City of Newton
- City of Quincy
- City of Westfield GIS
- Town of Westford
- Town of Westwood
- The Town of Amherst has posted a survey of online GIS and assessing municipal Web sites.
Last Updated 9/5/2013