MassGIS and State 911 sponsored a series of workshops in early 2013 about addressing and GIS as part of preparing for Next Generation E-911 (“NextGen 911”). At the workshops, MassGIS staff shared information and solicited input on a program of developing and reviewing master address files and mapping address locations for use by local and state government.
The workshops covered the following topics (links to presentation content are below):
- Need for accurate, comprehensive GIS mapping of address locations to support public safety and 911 systems
- Mapping of parcels and structures
- Benefits of accurate address mapping for local government
- Local maintenance of address lists
- Building a master address database – standards and best practices
- Discussion of local/regional initiatives to build address point datasets
- How we are integrating address listings from different sources
- How we are managing address locations
- Challenging situations from the public safety perspective
- Data exchange, review and update of draft address locations
- Data maintenance and web access
Concerns, questions and next steps
- Your feedback is important!
MassGIS Addressing Workshop PDF (slides with notes) file size 3MB
MassGIS Addressing Workshop PDF (slides only) file size 5MB
Workshops were held in the following locations:
Last Updated 3/28/2013
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.