The Service Account Manager (SAM) is the primary business contact for a customer of the Massachusetts Office of Information Technology (MassIT). The primary responsibility of the SAM is to manage the overall and ongoing business relationship with the customer through proactive, open, responsive and collaborative account management.
The SAM meets regularly with key customers to review the quality of MassIT's overall service delivery including recent remediation of incidents, reviews of problems, and implemented changes. The SAM also works with the key customer to plan for ongoing and upcoming activities such as projects, infrastructure changes, chargeback and upcoming procurements, and to communicate any updates to MassIT's service delivery model such as service offering changes, architecture policy changes, and organizational updates.
- Manages the overall business relationship with customers.
- Promotes and communicates Service Catalog offerings and costs
- Supports customer business and technology needs to service/product offerings
- Meets regularly with customers to ensure that MassIT services are meeting customer needs.
- Recognizes and supports key customers.
- Reviews the quality of MassIT's overall services with customers.
- Manages customer new business requests. This includes owning the “initiate” phase and driving business requirements with the customer for new projects.
- Is aware of customer’s current and future business and technical requirements.
- Works with the key customers to plan for ongoing and upcoming activities, projects, infrastructure changes, and upcoming procurements.
- Works with Lines of Business and Service Delivery Managers to develop tactical and strategic plans.
- Prioritizes business requests from multiple sources.
- Communicates updates to architecture policy changes and organizational updates.
- Develops and manages customer SLOs for IT Services.
- Communicates chargeback policy, guidelines, methodologies, and rates to customers
- Mitigates risks, delays and help solve issues by working with customers to process, manage and track chargeback Business Application Requests (BARs).
- Interact with all levels of the MassIT organization to ensure that the customer’s needs are met in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
COMiT Service Requests
The following table lists the COMiT Service Requests used to initiate a service within the SAM Unit.
|COMiT Service Requests||Description||Lead Time (days)|
|Request Service Account Manager Support||The Service Account Manager (SAM) is the primary business contact for a customer of the Massachusetts Office of Information Technology (MassIT). The primary responsibility of the SAM is to manage the overall and ongoing business relationship with the customer through proactive, open, responsive and collaborative account management.||1 Day|
|Request Project||Request Project is a COMiT service request that initiates the gathering of business and technical requirements as part of an Idea to present to MassIT's Project Governance Board for review and approval of a project. This is a service coordinated through your Service Account Manager.||30 Days|
To see a list of Service Account Manager's by agency, please visit the Service Account Manager by Agency List .
Chargeback Rate Information
In FY15 the costs pertaining to this service are currently funded out of Overhead. No additional detail is available for review.
For more information on Chargeback, including an overview of the program as well as current and previous fiscal year rates, please visit our Chargeback Services webpage .
Cost Framework: Service Account Management
Direct Dedicated Resources:
Salaries (AA) and Fringe (DD) Costs, Contract Support (HH/U05)
|2a||Salaries (AA) and Fringe (DD) Costs, Contract Support (HH/U05)|
|Total Salaries (AA) and Fringe (DD) Costs, Contract Support (HH/U05)||$513,976|
Hardware/Software/Contracts (UU, LL, etc.)
|2b||Other Costs, Re-classifications, Adjustments|
|Total Hardware/Software/Contracts (UU, LL, etc.)||$29|
Allocated Costs Not Specific to Service
|5||Allocated Costs Not Specific to Service|
|Total Allocated Costs Not Specific to Service|
Total expenses for Service Account Management
Rates pertaining to this service offering include:
Planned FY2014 Units
FY 2014 Rate
|SQ060||Support Functions-Service Account Management Office Services||N/A|
Updated August 28, 2014
Reviewed August 28, 2014
Created October 2, 2008: Information provided by MassIT's Service Account Management Team