The Service Account Manager (SAM) is the primary business contact for a customer of the Information Technology Division (ITD). The primary responsibility of the SAM is to manage the overall and ongoing business relationship with the customer through proactive, open, responsive and collaborative account management.
The SAM meets regularly with key customers to review the quality of ITD's overall service delivery including recent remediation of incidents, reviews of problems and implemented changes. The SAM also works with the key customer to plan for ongoing and upcoming activities such as projects, infrastructure changes, chargeback and upcoming procurements, and to communicate any updates to ITD's service delivery model such as service offering changes, architecture policy changes and organizational updates.
As part of their function, the SAM:
- Drives, defines and manages the overall and ongoing business relationship with the customer; moving from a facilitator role to a leadership one
- Maintains awareness of customer's current and future business and technical requirements and works with Line of Business (LOB) Directors and Product Managers within each LOB to develop tactical and strategic plans to meet these requirements
- Provides direction to the project teams and PMO on customer's goals, requirements,interests and helps project teams to remove roadblocks
- Anticipates the needs of customers and collaborates with LOBs to drive new technology initiatives and infrastructure developments to meet those needs
- Collaborates with LOB Directors and Product Managers to define and maintain a real-time Service Catalog that presents the offerings to the customer and integrates directly with the Service Level Objectives
The SAM will continue to:
- Manage all business communications with customer
- Understand and promote ITD's service offerings, service capabilities and costs, and effectively communicate all offerings to customers
- Manage BAR and SLO process
- Communicate chargeback policy, guidelines and methodology to customers
- Understand all aspects of the end to end procurement process
- Provide direction and help solve issues by working closely with customers in a consultative role.
- Review with customer any incidents that occurred recently and the corresponding root cause analysis and systemic improvements taken to rectify issues for the long term
COMiT Service Requests
The following table lists the COMiT Service Requests used to initiate a service within the SAM Unit.
|COMiT Service Requests||Description||Lead Time (days)|
|Request Service Account Manager Support||The Service Account Manager (SAM) is the primary business contact for a customer of the Information Technology Division (ITD). The primary responsibility of the SAM is to manage the overall and ongoing business relationship with the customer through proactive, open, responsive and collaborative account management.||1 Day|
|Request Project Services||Request Projects Services is a COMiT service request that expands upon and replaces the "Host My Application" intention. The process starts by gathering business and technical requirements in order for ITD to facilitate and manage your project effectively. This is a service coordinated through your Service Account Manager.||30 Days|
To see a list of Service Account Manager's by agency, please visit the Service Account Manager by Agency List.
Chargeback Rate Information
For more information on Chargeback, including an overview of the program as well as current and previous fiscal year rates, please visit our Chargeback Services webpage.
Cost Framework: Service Account Management
Direct Dedicated Resources:
Salaries (AA) and Fringe (DD) Costs, Contract Support (HH/U05)
|2a||Salaries (AA) and Fringe (DD) Costs, Contract Support (HH/U05)|
|Total Salaries (AA) and Fringe (DD) Costs, Contract Support (HH/U05)||$513,976|
Hardware/Software/Contracts (UU, LL, etc.)
|2b||Other Costs, Re-classifications, Adjustments|
|Total Hardware/Software/Contracts (UU, LL, etc.)||$29|
Allocated Costs Not Specific to Service
|5||Allocated Costs Not Specific to Service|
|Total Allocated Costs Not Specific to Service|
Total expenses for Service Account Management
Rates pertaining to this service offering include:
Planned FY2013 Units
FY 2013 Rate
|SQ060||Support Functions-Service Account Management Office Services||Hour|
Updated December 6, 2012
Created October 2, 2008: Information provided by ITD's Service Account Management Team