Download the complete service offering
1. Description of Service
The Commonwealth Information Warehouse (CIW) brings together a subset of the financial, budgetary, human resource, payroll and time reporting information maintained in dedicated and separate systems by individual agencies. CIW provides access to integrated, common data that supports timely, well informed business decisions to authorized users through a centralized and integrated repository.
This service includes:
- Design, development and implementation of new and/or modified CIW objects (e.g., fields, tables, views, etc.).
- Assessment of requested data for integration into the CIW.
- Data mapping.
- Development and/or enhancement of enterprise-wide data quality principles and standards.
- Management and administration of the data warehouse.
- End-user outreach activities.
- Supported infrastructure that allows participants to effectively collect, process, share and distribute related information.
- A secure CIW intranet (http://www.iw.state.ma.us) providing a central CIW communication platform that informs users of the current warehouse status, announcements on new and modified views, starter queries, and more.
Support services include:
- A Service Account Manager to answer any questions or concerns regarding MassIT Services.
- Services offered through our Operations Office; including Change Management and customer access to incident management via email, phone (CommonHelp).
- The online COMiT service management portal
- MassIT's Chargeback Billing System.
2. Service Targets and Metrics
Service is available Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
Please note: HRCMS , MMARS, and LCM data available at 9:00 AM is from previous 1 day cycle.
|Planned Maintenance||Ad-hoc maintenance requiring service interruption will be scheduled for Sunday through change control and customers will be notified in advance as part of the change control process.|
MassIT Service Management Office has standard processes to managing incidents, requests and changes.
Outages or urgent issues should be reported by phone to receive the quickest response 1-866-888-2808.
|Request Fulfillment||Staff will respond to service requests during the hours of 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.|
|Query Performance||Systematic query performance is measured periodically throughout the day and in the evening. Sample query times are measured and alerts are generated if the response time exceeds the threshold.||Query samples are taken three times per hour. Depending on persistence and conditions, CIW administrative intervention may occur to improve performance.|
|Data Availability||Automated routines are in place to ensure that the system is available during posted time periods.||Measure response status (and performance) periodically throughout the day and the evening to ensure the availability of the system. Automated alerts are sent to administrators for any availability issue.|
*Incidents, requests, or changes that are outside the scope of the defined service description or normal service hours will be direct charged to the customer.
3. Service Reporting
The following reporting information is provided to customers as part of this service:
Monthly report will be made available to the CIW Governance Board summarizing the project status, post-production support and customer outreach activities.
4. Service Requests
|COMiT Service Requests *||Description||Lead Time-Business Days|
|CIW Connectivity Support|
This is a request for assistance connecting to CIW.
2 Days (may be longer depending upon installation requirements* )
|CIW Data Query||This is a request for query assistance within CIW.|
|CIW General Support||This is a request for general support for CIW.|
|CIW Modification to production for|
|This is a request to add new data to the HRCMS and MMARS components of CIW.|
Up to 14 Days depending on complexity of request*.
|CIW Modification Other System Data||This is a request for support of other system data (including UMass, Classic MMARS, PMIS, CAPS, etc.) within CIW.|
Up to 14 Days depending on complexity of request**.
*For new service requests only. To manage existing requests, please log into COMiT.
** MassIT support teams will work with customers to determine the necessary lead time.
5. Customer Responsibilities
Users must have a UAID password to access the Information Warehouse and must protect that password. It is the responsibility of the Departmental Security Officer to confirm the business need for the user's request by checking with the user's supervisor and to notify the Information Security Unit whenever a change in the user's status affects the need for access.
For your convenience, you may also view a detailed list of customer responsibilities .
6. Chargeback Rate Information
For more information on Chargeback, including an overview of the program as well as current and previous fiscal year rates, please visit our Chargeback Services webpage.
Download a complete listing of all chargeback rates
Updated September 03, 2015
Reviewed August 16, 2016
Published August 14, 2009
Created April 16, 2009: Information provided by the Enterprise Application Services Team