Download the complete service offering
1. Description of Service
The Massachusetts Office of Information Technology (MassIT) provisions the HRCMS (Human Resources Compensation Management System) application that is a reliable and secure system used by 149 departments, 2000+ end users to process personnel and payroll transactions based on the policies governing 90,000+ public employees of the Commonwealth, 40,000+ time and attendance self-services employees, and 90,000+ ePay/eProfile users. Self-service employees and managers are able to access time-and-attendance information 24x7 online via internet or through the use of approximately 250+ approved Time Collection Devices (TCDs). Enterprise Application Services (EAS) provides development, maintenance, enhancements, and 24x7production support of the enterprise-wide application. These services are provided to the Executive, Judicial and Legislative branches of government as well as Higher Education and all Independent and Constitutional offices.
This service includes:
- Modify, set up & run mass changes on a regular basis (COLAs, step increases, leave accrual processing, vacation plan transitions, reclassifications, retroactive processing, auto-post holidays). See Mass Update Program details .
- Maintain the application configuration tables (union dues fees, time & attendance codes, payroll codes, salary plan updates, benefit plans, tax updates etc.).
- Modify application pages, reports, batch processes (Needs approval from the HRCMS Executive Committee).
- Add new vendors to the application, payroll process, interfaces.
- Add new departments to HRCMS (auto-hire, benefit plans, etc).
- Merge departments in HRCMS (group terminations, auto-hire, etc.).
- Add inbound time & labor interfaces to HRCMS to reduce users posting in HRCMS.
- Create ad-hoc processes & reports (audit reports, furloughs, position bumping, record fixes).
- Support batch scheduling changes (move payroll day due to national holidays, FY end processes, calendar processes, iterative W2 data clean-up, create W2s, user requests to add new business).
- Actively drive the bi-weekly payroll process (creates interfaces to 250 vendors, hundreds of reports, pays 90,000+ employees, sends/receives interfaces to control departments such as OSC, TRE, GIC, DOR and DSS.
- Provide "super users" in control departments with Correction-mode level security.
- Add/modify interfaces between our business partners' applications (OSC, TRE, GIC, DOR, DSS, Higher Education, HRD).
- Support technical infrastructure/architecture maintenance and upgrades (PeopleSoft application upgrades, PeopleSoft tool upgrades, hardware upgrades, Oracle patches, PeopleSoft tax upgrades (six per year), PeopleSoft patch bundles (four per year), etc.
- Support Self-Service Time-and-Attendance (SSTA) roll outs.
Support services include:
- A Service Account Manager to answer any questions or concerns regarding MassIT Services.
- Services offered through our Operations Office; including Change Management and customer access to incident management via email, phone (CommonHelp).
- The online COMiT service management portal.
- MassIT's Chargeback Billing System.
2. Service Targets/Hours of Availability
|Service Availability||Core Users service availability hours are 6:00 am to 6:00 pm, Sunday to Saturday with this exception: payroll Tuesdays* and Wednesday after payroll when service availability is scheduled for 9:00 am. We are operational during holidays.|
SSTA users (employees and supervisors) service availability hours are 24x7 with this exception: during maintenance periods and planned outages.
*Payroll runs every other Tuesday. Core Users will now have "view" only security on payroll day.
|Incident Management||MassIT Service Management Office has standard processes to managing incidents, service requests and changes.|
Outages or urgent issues should be reported by phone to receive the quickest response 1-866-888-2808.
|Request Fulfillment||Staff will respond to service requests during the hours of 6:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday.|
3. Service Reporting
|HRCMS Weekly Maintenance Update||This is a weekly report and review with the HRCMS Business owners summarizing maintenance status and priorities.||E-mail to business owners every Wednesday.|
|HRCMS Monthly Maintenance Update||This is a monthly report and review with the HRCMS Executive Team summarizing the status of open/closed change orders and updating priorities.||E-mail to business owners on the last Tuesday of the month.|
4. Service Requests
|COMiT Service Requests *||Description|
Lead Time-Business Days
|Human Resource/Compensation Management System (HR/CMS) New Service||This is to request a new HRCMS service for HR, Payroll,Time and Labor, ePay/eProfile, and Mass Updates.|
|Human Resource/Compensation Management System (HR/CMS) Modify Service||This is to request a modification to an existing HR/CMS service.|
|Human Resource/Compensation Management System (HRCMS) Audit||This is to request an HRCMS audit.|
*For new service requests only. To manage existing requests, please log into COMiT.
5. Customer Responsibilities
The customer must have a valid UAID account before requesting HRCMS access and should request access to only the data necessary to perform his or her job. The customer will define job schedules and resolve and track scheduling conflicts. It is the responsibility of the customer security officer to confirm the business need for the user's request and to notify MassIT of any changes in the status of the access requirement.
For your convenience, you may also view a detailed list of customer responsibilities .
6. Chargeback Rate Information
For more information on Chargeback, including an overview of the program as well as current and previous fiscal year rates, please visit our Chargeback Services webpage.
Cost framework: Human Resources and Payroll
1.Direct Charges to Customers
|Total 1A. Customer Specific - Costs Directly Charged to Customers||$0|
|Total 1. Direct Charges to Customers||$0|
2. Direct Dedicated Resources
|Direct Costs - Salaries (AA) and Fringe (DD), Contract (U05, HH)||24.50||$2,165,409|
|Total 2A. Direct Costs - Salaries (AA) and Fringe (DD), Contract (U05, HH)||24.50||$2,165,409|
|- Oracle-Oracle Advanced Compression Software-||$31,243|
|- Oracle-5 UPK Developer Licenses for HRCMS Upgrade-||$9,311|
|- Oracle USA, Inc. (formerly PeopleSoft)-PeopleSoft Base Product and E-Apps, MicroFocus Server Express-||$1,076,209|
|- Other Costs, Reclassifications, Adjustments-||$378,810|
|- IBM-IBM Rational SW-||$21,499|
|- IBM-IBM ESSO Maint (50% of Rational; split 50/50 with MMARS)-||$102,984|
|- Dell Software-TOAD for Oracle 5-licenses-||$1,042|
|- Dell Software--||$5,665|
|Total 2B. Hardware / Software / Contracts (UU, LL , etc)||$1,922,709|
|Total 2. Direct Dedicated Resources||$4,088,118|
3. Indirect Costs
|Total 3A. Allocated Shared Resources||$0|
|Total 3. Indirect Costs||$0|
4. Indirect Costs
|Data - Platinum (Symmetrix)-||SF0K0||$0.034||4824570||$164,035|
|Data - Silver (Clarion Auto-Tier FC, SATA)-||SF0C0||$0.012||1728||$21|
|Security - Remote Firewall Support-||SU020||$970||12||$11,640|
|Data - Bronze - (Clarion SATA only)-||SF0L0||$0.01||3494875||$34,949|
|Data - Data Backup and Recovery -||SG100||$0.0893||8400||$750|
|Data - Data Backup and Recovery -||SG100||$0.0893||424608||$37,917|
|Integration - Interchange-||SW270||$0.0013||78780||$102|
|Data - Shared Oracle Cluster -||SV570||$266||240||$63,840|
|Data - Shared SQL Cluster-||SV560||$121||48||$5,808|
|Hosting - Windows OS Support-||SV210||$116||12||$1,392|
|Data - Shared SQL Cluster-||SV560||$121||12||$1,452|
|Hosting - Shared IBM P-Series Support -||SV440||$282||1896||$534,672|
|Hosting - Dedicated x86 Platform Support***-||SV110||$785||180||$141,300|
|Hosting - Windows OS Support-||SV210||$116||108||$12,528|
|Hosting - Shared VMWare Platform Support*-||SV350||$78||24||$1,872|
|Hosting - Shared VMWare Platform Support*-||SV350||$78||96||$7,488|
|Hosting - Linux OS Support-||SV120||$283||168||$47,544|
|Total 4A. Shared ITD Data Center Services||$1,067,311|
|Total 4. Indirect Costs||$1,067,311|
5. Allocated Costs
|Allocated Costs Not Specific to Service||$762,252|
|Total 5A. Allocated Costs Not Specific to Service||$762,252|
|Allocated Commonwealth Information Warehouse to MMARS (60%) and HRCMS (40%)||$1,128,511|
|Total 5B. Allocated Commonwealth Information Warehouse to MMARS (60%) and HRCMS (40%)||$1,128,511|
|Total 5. Allocated Costs||$1,890,764|
6. Management Adjustments
|Total 6A. Management Adjustments||$0|
|Total 6. Management Adjustments||$0|
|GrandTotal: Application Services - Human Resources and Payroll||$7,046,192|
7. Rates Pertaining to this Service
|SERVICE OFFERING / TITLE / BILLABLE UNIT||RATECODE||RATE||PLANNED UNITS||COST|
|Application - HR/CMS P/R Checks Issued -Each Check||SN210||$2.9356||2400242.66666667||$7,046,192|
|Total 7A. Rates Pertaining to this Service||$7,046,192|
*The charge for this service is based on transactions processed per pay check.
Download a complete listing of all chargeback rates
Updated March 09, 2015
Reviewed May 29, 2014
Created April 16, 2009: Information provided by the Enterprise Systems Applications Team
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.