Download the complete service offering
1. Description of Service
Information architecture (IA), usability, findability, and content development that incorporate web and user experience (UX) best practices are key to agency success in web communications. Agency representatives should contact the Mass.gov Director for assistance with content structure and prioritization, with usability questions, with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) questions, and for help promoting programs and services on the Mass.gov portal and via its social media channels.
This service includes:
- Linking to agency content via Mass.gov scrolling slideshow.
- Promoting/linking to agency content via Mass.gov Twitter handle (@massgov).
- Promoting/linking to agency content via agency-authored "guest" blog post on Mass.gov blog.
- Vetting/assisting with updates for top-level Mass.gov pages.
- Ad-hoc assistance with IA best practices, such as information architecture development, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), usability, and/or accessibility.
Support services include:
- A Service Account Manager to answer any questions or concerns regarding MassITServices.
- Services offered through our Operations Office; including Change Management and customer access to incident management via e-mail, phone (CommonHelp).
- The online COMiT service management portal.
- MassIT's Chargeback Billing System.
2. Service Targets and Metrics
|Mass.gov home page promotion||Agency representative requests Mass.gov to link to agency content via the scrolling slideshow on the Mass.gov home page.|
|Promotion via Mass.gov on social media channels||Agency representative requests Mass.gov to link to agency content via the Mass.gov Twitter handle (@massgov) or on the Mass.gov blog.|
|New / corrected information||Customer submits new/corrected content for top level Mass.Gov "article" page(s).|
|Ad hoc assistance with IA best practices||Customer has a question about the best way to develop/display content, adjust site navigation, or improve findability of web pages.|
|Service Availability||9:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday excluding holidays.|
|Not available at this time|
|Not available at this time|
3. Service Reporting
Currently, there are no reports available for this service.
4. Service Requests
|Lead Time-Business Days|
|Request Content Modification: Suggest New Content, Links or Online Services for Mass.Gov|
We want to hear about new content, programs or services on your site so that we promote them on Mass.Gov! This service request includes:
|Lead time depends on specific request.|
*For new service requests only. To manage existing requests, please log into COMiT.
5. Customer Responsibilities
The customer will develop feature story content and perform final editing for style, usability and accessibility.
For your convenience, you may also view a detailed list of customer responsibilities .
6. Chargeback Rate Information
For more information on Chargeback, including an overview of the program as well as current and previous fiscal year rates, please visit our Chargeback Services webpage.
The costs pertaining to this service offering are currently funded out of MassIT's Operating Funds. No additional detail is available for review.
Updated September 25, 2014
Reviewed August 16, 2016
Published September 13, 2012
Created May 12, 2009: Information provided by the Mass.Gov Team