Download the complete service offering
1. Description of Service
MassIT provides co-location services in our centrally located data centers with quick access to I-93, I-90, I-91, I-291 and I-391 at the Massachusetts Information Technology Center (MITC) at 200 Arlington Street in Chelsea, MA and the Springfield Data Center at 53 Elliot Street in Springfield, MA. This service provides customers with a flexible, reliable and secure data center hosting facility that is designed to withstand extreme environmental conditions.
Base Building Features:
- 35,000 Square Feet of Data Center Space.
- 2Mw Building Power.
- Multiple utility feeds.
- 30,000 Gallon on-site fuel storage. Contracted emergency supplier agreements.
- Target operating temperature: 70F - 80F.
- Target humidity: 42% - 58%.
- Integrated storage/staging rooms.
- Overhead cable distribution.
- Multiple rack layout options.
- Single cabinet to dedicated cage space.
- Low PUE drives low energy cost.
- Centrally located for access to trans-continental, long-haul fiber networks.
- Currently available commercial carriers:
- Level 3
- Multi layered security.
- Perimeter fences and secure pedestrian / vehicular gates.
- Remotely operated main gates with cameras and intercom.
- External and internal video surveillance - 90 day retention.
- X-ray and detection services including bio-hazard capabilities.
- Sally ports and single man traps with auxiliary scanning.
- 24/7/365 guard presence at front desk.
- Two factor authentication access to data center suites (card access & fingerprint).
- Card access controlled server cabinets.
- Robust security access protocols and procedures.
- Integration with local emergency authorities.
- Secure private parking.
- Loading bays – 2 x 28’ truck bed capability.
- Shipping & receiving services.
- Freight elevator.
- Secure equipment storage & staging areas.
- Conference rooms & guest office space.
- Secure guest WiFi.
- Kitchen & lounge area.
Data Center Services:
Remote Hands available 24x7x365.
Service can be bundled with other MassIT services (MassIT Connect, Data Backup and Recovery and Data Storage services).
Included in the Co-location service:
- Physical security, cooling, and redundant power.
- Customer access for named users is available during service hours (named users, and all visitors are escorted).
- Facilities monitoring (power or cooling failures).
- Rack provided by MassIT.
- Redundant Power Distribution Unit provided by MassIT.
- Network cabling provided by MassIT.
- Hardware installed in rack by MassIT per MassIT facilities standards.
- MAGNet network connectivity provided by MassIT at current costs and per MassIT standards (See Network Engineering Service).
- Non-MAGNet network connectivity will be provided by customers using customer's selected vendor. MassIT will assist customer in network connectivity planning.
NOT included in the Co-location service:
- Systems Maintenance.
- Operating Systems Support & Monitoring.
- Disaster Recovery.
Support services include:
- A Service Account Manager to answer any questions or concerns regarding MassIT Services.
- Services offered through our Operations Office; including Change Management and customer access to incident management via email, phone (CommonHelp).
- The online COMiT service management portal.
- MassIT's Chargeback Billing System.
2. Service Targets and Metrics
|Service Availability||Network access and power and cooling are available 24x7 excluding planned maintenance and unplanned outages.|
|HVAC||MassIT will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that the temperature of open space in MassIT's Data Center services area will remain between 64 and 78 degrees Fahrenheit, and relative humidity will remain between 30% and 70%. This objective does not apply to localized conditions within a particular customer cabinet, cage, rack or other enclosed space.|
|Power||MassIT's power availability objective is to have the MassIT AC power provided to Customer's equipment available 100% of the time through generators and our Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS). Our facilities provide power systems that feature continuous, redundant and protected AC or DC power. The redundant power in our facility enables your equipment to run continuously, even in the event of a major outage.|
|Physical Security||MassIT will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that access to MassIT's Data Center will be monitored and restricted at all times. Efforts to ensure security to the facility is maintained via security card, video surveillance, and 24x7 onsite security personnel. MassIT's existing access policy provides a process which MassIT's staff and our customers follow to ensure that only those with the proper authority are given access to our Data Center. MassIT's customers understand these processes and are held responsible for any changes of access whether it be new contacts or loss of access for a contact. The customer is responsible to immediately notify MassIT of changes in Data Center access for their staff and to return all assigned devices. Please also see our Access Policy for After Hours and Weekends .|
Staff will respond to service requests 7:00 am- 5:00 pm Monday through Friday excluding holidays. Customers can make requests through COMiT.
Emergency requests are approved by authorized customer contacts and must be opened as incidents to ensure they are acted on immediately out of normal business hours.
|Incident Management*||MassIT Service Management Office has standard processes to manage incidents, requests, changes or problems.|
Outages or urgent issues should be reported by phone to receive the quickest response 1-866-888-2808.
|Replacement of Failed Components||For MassIT managed components included in Co-location, MassIT contracts with hardware vendors to provide on-site "best effort" four hour response.|
|Not available at this time.|
|Not available at this time.|
*Incidents, requests, or changes that are outside the scope of the defined service description or normal service hours will be direct charged to the customer.
3. Service Reporting
The following reporting information is provided to customers as part of this service:
|Facilities availability report||A report which documents any facilities wide service events, planned and unplanned||On request from Facilities Management.|
4. Service Requests
Lead Time-Business Days
|Co-location Services||This request is for customers requesting Co-location services at MassIT's Data Center.||Lead times depend upon specific request.|
*For new service requests only. To manage existing requests, please log into COMiT.
5. Customer Responsibilities
Customers provide architectural, physical and logical drawings to MassIT upon request and will submit the names of personnel who are authorized to gain access to the Data Center. Responsibilities also include coordinating and scheduling maintenance activities through the Change Management process.
For your convenience, you may also view a detailed list of customer responsiblities .
6. Chargeback Rate Information
For more information on Chargeback, including an overview of the program as well as current and previous fiscal year rates, please visit our Chargeback Services webpage.
When customers request MassIT's assistance with co-located equipment, depending on the ad-hoc work requested, additional labor rates may apply. In these cases, customers will be directly charged for labor and materials with a minimum one hour labor charge.
Updated September 04, 2015
Reviewed September 04, 2015
Published August 14, 2009
Created March 23, 2009: Information provided by the Hosting Services Team