Download the complete service offering
COMiT is a web based Service Management tool that conforms to ITIL standards to improve the service management process across the Commonwealth. COMiT supports the service management lifecycle:
- Starting with a Service Request, throughout planning and implementation.
- Incident Management for any event which is not part of the standard operation of the service and which causes, or may cause, an interruption or a reduction of the quality of the service.
- Change Management to ensure that standardized methods and procedures are used for efficient and prompt handling of all Changes.
MassIT established a Service Desk via COMiT in FY11 and has developed standards and guidelines for Customers to implement their own Service Desk within the larger shared COMiT environment.
Expected Outcomes of using COMiT as a customer include:
Improved Environment Stability
Improved Operational Efficiency
Improved Service Reporting
Secretariats now have the option to migrate into COMiT per the goals of the Commonwealth's IT Consolidation plan. Each will have their own 'Service Desk' within the larger shared COMiT environment - allowing for enhanced allocation of resources and greater ability to avoid duplication.
MassIT has adopted reproducible processes for other Secretariats to adopt COMiT easily.
- Tivoli Service Request Management 220.127.116.11
- Tivoli Change Management 18.104.22.168
- Tivoli Incident Management 22.214.171.124
- Tivoli Service Desk Content - Best Practices 126.96.36.199
- Tivoli Service Catalog Base 188.8.131.52
Support Services Include:
- A Service Account Manager to answer any questions or concerns regarding MassIT Services.
- Services offered through our Operations Office; including Change Management and customer access to incident management via email, phone (CommonHelp).
- The online COMiT service management portal .
- MassIT's Chargeback Billing System.
2. Service Targets and Metrics
|Service Availability||Service availability hours are 24x7x52 excluding planned maintenance and unplanned outages.|
|Maintenance||Maintenance is performed bi-weekly on Thursdays from 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm|
|Incident Management*||MassIT Service Management Office has standard processes to manage incident requests, change orders.|
Outages or urgent issues should be reported by phone to receive the quickest response 1-866-888-2808.
|Request Fulfillment||Staff will respond to service requests between 9:00 am - 5:00 pm excluding holidays. Emergency requests must be opened as incidents to ensure they are acted on immediately out of normal business hours.|
|<5 sec response time||Screen refresh is expected to be less than 5 seconds except during session initiation (logon).||Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring|
|95% Availability||COMiT is available 24 x 7 except for bimonthly scheduled maintenance windows. There is on-call support to return COMiT to service if there is an outage.||Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring|
*Incidents, requests, or changes that are outside the scope of the defined service description or normal service hours will be direct charged to the customer.
The following reporting information is provided to customers as part of this service:
|406||406 On Demand Reports can be made available through the COMiT System. Requests for data access should be made to the COMiT Team.||Ad Hoc|
|Real-time Reports||Real-time Ad-Hoc reports are provided via Start Centers.||Ad Hoc|
|Description||Lead Time-Business Days|
|COMiT Access*||Access to COMiT Service Desk||2 business days|
|Change or Modify COMiT Access*||Remove COMiT Service Desk Access||5 business days|
|Create New/Update COMiT Groups*||Create or Revise COMiT Group Information||5 business days|
|New COMiT Service*||Request New COMiT Service Desk Service||5 business days|
|Modify COMiT Service*||Request Modification to COMiT Service Desk Service||5 business days|
|COMiT Issues*||Submit an Issue with Current COMiT Service||Depends on Priority|
*For new service requests only. To manage existing requests, please log into COMiT.
Customers are responsible for the development of a list of classifications that will be used by MassIT to develop the customer's individual service desk.
For your convenience, you may also view a detailed list of customer responsibilities
For more information on Chargeback, including an overview of the program as well as current and previous fiscal year rates, please visit our Chargeback Services webpage.
Updated September 03, 2015
Reviewed August 23, 2016
Published August 31, 2011
Created August 31, 2011: Information provided by the Integration Services Team