Download complete service offering file size 1MB
1. Description of Service
The Information Technology Division (ITD) service offering for Integration Services has recently been updated to include the Shared Application Infrastructure (SAI) initiative. The SAI program involves the use of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) applications and the sharing of services between connected applications across the Commonwealth agencies. It is the objective of ITD to provide the Commonwealth of Massachusetts customers, business partners and Commonwealth constituents with a secure, efficient and cost effective data interchange service.
ITD is building an infrastructure which allows for a broader set of communication mechanisms that offer greater visibility into monitoring the environment. It is the goal of the SAI program to secure data sharing across agencies, enable efficient reuse and to deliver agile, flexible infrastructure and services.
This service includes:
Interchange offers Messaging, File Transfer functionality and a dedicated protocol gateway which enforces the Enterprise security policy. SAI Interchange Service (diagram link) offers the following capabilities:
- File Transfer - Provides a Managed File Transfer (IBM FTE / JSCAPE-FTP) which can be used for any new requests that are lightweight file transfers or for end-points that do not have messaging capability. File Transfer is also advised for specific protocol requirements, for example, S/FTP/S. For existing CommBridge interfaces where there is no requirement to upgrade to Messaging the use of File Transfer is recommended.
- Messaging - The Enterprise Messaging Infrastructure (MQ7 / Oracle) and Web Services (XML Gateway) exchanges data by a message passing both synchronous and asynchronous interactions between distributed computing processes. Messaging ensures the delivery of a message by using queues and providing the directory, security, and administrative services necessary to support the system. This solution is recommended for any new service and for existing CommBridge interfaces already using messaging.
- Security - Provides a dedicated protocol gateway which enforces security policy and ensures the secure transfer of data into and out of the SAI Interchange through the XML Gateway. Also includes the ability for transformation between disparate message formats, including binary, IBM MQ and XML.
- Legacy CommBridge - In light of the new Interchange Service offering, ITD will continue to support hosts that are currently running Legacy CommBridge. CommBridge is a service which supports asynchronous delivery between systems. It communicates with systems in a consistent manner, with integration and support for multiple platforms. It also has an encryption interface. For future new messaging service requests and existing CommBridge interfaces, the SAI Service offering is highly recommended.
Support services include:
- A Service Account Manager to answer any questions or concerns regarding ITD Services.
- Services offered through our Operations Office; including Change Management and customer access to incident management via email, phone (CommonHelp)
- The online COMiT service management portal
2. Service Targets/Hours of Availability
|Service Availability||Service availability hours are 24x7excluding planned maintenance and unplanned outages.|
|Maintenance||Maintenance is performed bi-weekly. The maintenance window is one hour and typically is performed before standard business hours of 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Bi-weekly maintenance is scheduled through Change Management. Customers are notified as part of the change control process for any non-standard or ad-ho maintenance window.|
|Incident Management*||ITD Service Management Office has standard processes to manage incidents, requests, or changes.|
Outages or urgent issues should be reported by phone to receive the quickest response 1-866-888-2808.
|Request Fulfillment*||Staff will respond to service requests between 9:00 am - 5:00 pm excluding holidays. Emergency requests must be opened as incidents to ensure they are acted on immediately out of normal business hours.|
*Incidents, requests, or changes that are outside the scope of the defined service description or normal service hours will be direct charged to the customer.
3. Service Reporting
Currently, there are no reports offered for this service.
4. Service Requests
|COMiT Service Request*||Description||Lead Time-Business Days|
|Request a new service within Interchange. Interchange allows the Commonwealth's diverse applications to "talk" to each other in spite of differing technologies. It manages the connections to computer systems to communicate in the same manner without knowing what platform is at the other end.|
Modify Interchange Services
Request a change within Interchange including:
New XML Gateway Service
Request new service deployment into the XML Gateway
Modify XML Gateway Service
Request a service change within the XML Gateway.
Delete XML Gateway Service
Request support to delete an XML Gateway service.
Request information about Interchange.
Legacy CommBridge Support
Request CommBridge Support
Legacy SFED Support
Request SFED Support
*For new service requests only. To manage existing requests, please log into COMiT.
5. Customer Responsibilities
The customer will identify any firmware upgrades and configuration modifications and coordinate activities for moving/changing code through the Change Management process. The customer will provide XML schemas and WSDLs for new service deployments, recommend configuration changes to optimize utilization and coordinate benchmarking activities as required.
For your convenience, you may also view a detailed list of customer responsibilities.
6. Chargeback Rate Information
For more information on Chargeback, including an overview of the program as well as current and previous fiscal year rates, please visit our Chargeback Services webpage.
Cost Framework: Interchange
Salaries (AA) and Fringe (DD) Costs, Contract Support (HH/U05)
|2a||Salaries (AA) and Fringe (DD) Costs, Contract Support (HH/U05)|
Hardware/Software/Contracts (UU, LL, etc)
|2b||CBE Technologies (2) HP DL380 Servers for SAI QA Environment|
|Dell Software Antivirus scan engine for dev/test environment for SAI|
|EMC Corporation Clariion SAN Disk Storage Upgrade for SAI||$491|
|Hewlett-Packard HP SOA/SAI Software for Production and QA||$69,614|
|IBM IBM Software new ESSO 4 year contract (integration portion) (will roll throughout contract term)||$171,250|
|SHI-JSCAPE ID #300083416 and #300166145 Support of SAI FTP Solutions||$6,112|
|SHI RHEL for VMs for SAI||$3,318|
|Other Costs, Re-Classifications, Adjustments||$326,196||5.35 FTEs|
Total Hardware/Software/Contracts (UU, LL, etc) Costs
Allocated Shared Resources
|3a||Allocated Shared Resources|
|Total Allocated Shared Resources Costs|
Shared ITD Data Center Services
|4||Hosting||SV210||Windows OS Support|
|Hosting||SV120||Linux OS Support|
|Hosting||SV350||Shared VMWare Platform Support|
|Storage||SF0C0||Silver (ClarionAuto-Tier FC, SATA)|
|Storage||SG100||Data Backup and Recovery|
Total Indirect Shared Costs
Allocated Costs Not Specific to Service
|5||Allocated Costs Not Specific to Service|
|Total Fixed Costs Not Specific to Service|
Total expenses for Interchange
Rates pertaining to this service offering include:
Planned FY2013 Units
FY 2013 Rate
Updated February 11, 2012
Published August 14, 2009
Created March 25, 2009: Information provided by the Enterprise Policy & Architecture Team