Download complete service offering
1. Description of Service
The Information Technology Division (ITD) provides Secure File and Email Delivery (SFED) functionality for the agencies of the Commonwealth.
This service includes:
- Web based mail interface to allow users to compose and receive encrypted email
- Ability to deliver the content of secure emails directly to Massmail user Inboxes or to require the user to log into SFED to retrieve the content
- Ability to securely and automatically send and receive files to and from partners outside of MAGNet utilizing Commbridge
- Ability to securely and automatically send and receive files to and from partners outside of MAGNet utilizing a SOAP interface
- Delivery of messages sent from MassMail with the subject "Secure" through the SFED web interface
Beginning in FY12, SFED services have been incorporated into a new service, Interchange (see link), which allows for a broader set of communication mechanisms that offer greater visibility into monitoring the environment. It is the goal of Interchange to secure data sharing across agencies, enable efficient reuse and to deliver agile, flexible infrastructure and services.
Support services include:
- A Service Account Manager to answer any questions or concerns regarding ITD Services.
- Services offered through our Operations Office; including Change Management and customer access to incident management via email, phone (CommonHelp)
- The online COMiT service management portal
2. Service Targets/Hours of Availability
|Service Availability||Service availability hours are 24x7excluding planned maintenance and unplanned outages.|
|Maintenance||Maintenance is performed on an ad-hoc basis and is scheduled through change control. Customers are notified as part of the change control process.|
|Incident Management*||ITD Service Management Office has standard processes to manage incidents, requests and changes.|
Outages or urgent issues should be reported by phone to receive the quickest response 1-866-888-2808.
|Request Fulfillment*||Staff will respond to service requests between 9:00 am - 5:00 pm excluding holidays. Emergency requests must be opened as incidents to ensure they are acted on immediately out of normal business hours.|
*Incidents, requests, or changes that are outside the scope of the defined service description or normal service hours will be direct charged to the customer.
3. Service Reporting
Currently, there are no reports available for this service.
4. Service Requests
|Lead Time-Business Days|
|SFED supoprt||This request is for customers tosubmit a request for SFED support|
*For new service requests only. To manage existing requests, please log into COMiT.
5. Customer Responsibilities
Using the Change Management process, the customer will coordinate activities for moving or changing code. The customer should report service unavailability or performance degradation to ITD and conduct feasibility studies as necessary. The customer should also notify ITD of incorrect permissions or expired user accounts.
For your convenience, you may view a detailed list of customer responsibilities .
6. Chargeback Rate Information
Legacy SFED is being retired with all users migrating to Interchange. For chargeback costs please see Interchange service offering.
Updated December 19, 2012
Published August 14, 2009
Created March 24, 2009: Information provided by the Service Oriented Architecture Team