Download the complete service offering
1. Description of Service
The Massachusetts Office of Information Technology (MassIT) provides access to archived reports, documents, audio/video files, images etc, via ViewDirect Content Management solution.
This service includes:
ViewDirect Database Management:
- Report ID
- Archive name template used for chargeback
- Report retention
- Indexing - either section or enterprise indexing
- Customers Universal Access ID (UAID)
- Customer name
- Customer department
- Customer address
Hard copy distribution
- Centralized printing to production printers in Chelsea Data Center
- Customized packet production of reports/letters/mailers, etc.
- Reprint full, partial or individual pages damaged in printing/mailing process
Document Printing for direct mail. (internal and external customers)
- Customer will first test document with Viewdirect team
- Coordinate with Interchange team to define folders to sftp documents to MassIT
- Viewdirect will securely “get” files, process and spool to the printers
- Migrate long-term archives to new media
- Consolidate offsite archives to high capacity tapes
Viewing access - administered by MassIT Security Group
- Define viewing profiles
- Assign access via RACF on mainframe
- Grant individual viewing access for some non state-wide reports
- Delete report versions per customer request
- Increase or reduce the retention of existing archives
Monitoring and support for daily scheduled batch processes:
- Report archive creation and print distribution throughout the day
- Daily archive migration process
- Copy archives to virtual tape media for long-term storage
- Copy archives to tape media for offsite Disaster Recovery storage
- Purge expired archives
- Replication process of archives created on Windows ViewDirect to main repository
- Daily viewing statistics
- Daily backup/reorganization of repository databases
Note: This service does not include coverage for Disaster Recovery.
Support services include:
- A Service Account Manager to answer any questions or concerns regarding MassIT Services.
- Services offered through our Operations Office ; including Change Management and customer access to incident management via email, phone (CommonHelp).
- The online COMiT service management portal .
- MassIT's Chargeback Billing System.
2. Service Targets and Metrics
|Service Availability||Service availability hours are 7:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday excluding holidays and planned maintenance (1:00 am - 3:00 am) and unplanned outages. Customers provide MassIT with a 4 hour window within normal service hours each month for systems maintenance.|
|Incident Management||MassIT Service Management Office has standard processes to managing incidents, requests, change orders and problems.|
Outages or urgent issues should be reported by phone to receive the quickest response 1-866-888-2808.
|Unique Users||Unique users that used DocumentDirect in the past 12 months.||2,625|
|Total pages viewed||The Total number of pages viewed on-line using DocumentDirect in the past 12 months.||1,571,144|
|Total times reports viewed||The total number of times reports were viewed online using Document Direct in the past 12 months.||358,623|
|Service availability||DocumentDirect viewing access and report processing and archiving are generally available 24x7x365 with the exception of nightly system maintenance windows of 30-90 minutes||95%|
3. Service Reporting
The following reporting information is provided to customers as part of this service:
Various recipient cross reference reports.
|Monthly request through ViewDirect|
|REPXREF||Various report cross reference reports.||Monthly request through ViewDirect|
|VIEWRET||The retention in days of each report stored in ViewDirect.||Monthly request through ViewDirect|
|VIEWSTAT||This report contains daily viewing statistics.||Daily request through ViewDirect|
|VIEWST01||This report contains month to date viewing statistics.||Monthly request through ViewDirect|
|VIEWST02||This report contains year to date viewing statistics.||Monthly request through ViewDirect|
4. Service Requests
Lead Time-Business Days
|Add a New Report for ViewDirect/Doc Direct|
View Direct or Document Direct is an online report viewing and hardcopy report distribution system. This service request includes:
|View Direct Routine Requests|
This request is to modify viewing access and create an enterprise index. This service request includes:
*For new service requests only. To manage existing requests, please log into COMiT.
5. Customer Responsibilities
The customer will provide all key characteristics of the report content as well as the recipient UAID, name and address. For hardcopy distribution of documents the customer will provide detail on what is to be printed (entire document or particular sections). The customer must submit viewing requests through the Security Group and define the viewing profile to Security.
For your convenience, you may view a detailed list of customer responsibilities .
6. Chargeback Rate Information
For more information on Chargeback, including an overview of the program as well as current and previous fiscal year rates, please visit our Chargeback Services webpage .
Cost framework: Viewdirect Content Management, Tape Archive and Tape Storage
1. Direct Charges to Customers
|Customer Specific - Costs Directly Charged to Customers||$4,174|
|Total 1A. Customer Specific - Costs Directly Charged to Customers||$4,174|
|Total 1. Direct Charges to Customers||$4,174|
2. Direct Dedicated Resources
|Direct Costs - Salaries (AA) and Fringe (DD), Contract (U05, HH)||2.75||$243,068|
|Total 2A. Direct Costs - Salaries (AA) and Fringe (DD), Contract (U05, HH)||2.75||$243,068|
|- Allen Systems Group (formerly Mobius Management Systems, Inc)-Software Maintenance-View Direct & Document Direct (Will Roll each year thru FY13) (Prior to FY13, covered under Un||$80,000|
|- Computer Associates-New CA Mainframe Contract thru 6/30/10 includes upgrade to 1040 mps & 2nd data center (includes JCL Utility Check)(Will Roll in FY11) Effective FY12 New Amen||$52,886|
|-Other costs, Reclassifications, Adjustments-||$101,984|
|-Other Costs, Reclassifications, Adjustments-||-$4,174|
|Total 2B. Hardware / Software / Contracts (UU, LL , etc)||$230,696|
|Total 2. Direct Dedicated Resources||$473,765|
3. Indirect Costs
|Total 3A. Allocated Shared Resources||$0|
|Total 3. Indirect Costs||$0|
4. Indirect Costs
|Total 4A. Shared MassIT Data Center Services||$0|
|Total 4. Indirect Costs||$0|
5. Allocated Costs
|Allocated Costs Not Specific to Service||$147,883|
|Total 5A. Allocated Costs Not Specific to Service||$147,883|
|Total 5. Allocated Costs||$147,883|
6. Management Adjustments
|Total 6A. Management Adjustments||$0|
|Total 6. Management Adjustments||$0|
|GrandTotal: Integration Services ***** Viewdirect Content Management||$625,821|
7. Rates Pertaining to this Service
|SERVICE OFFERING / TITLE / BILLABLE UNIT||RATECODE||RATE||PLANNED UNITS||COST|
|Integration - Viewdirect Content-1000 Page-Day||SH100||$0.0007||155024711||$106,390|
|Data - Archive-Giga Byte-Day||SH000||$0.016||764911949.999998||$12,516|
|Data - Tape-Giga Byte-Day||SG000||$0.01||51214409573||$506,915|
|Total 7A. Rates Pertaining to this Service||$625,821|
ViewDirect report storage is compressed so these costs are less than other on-line and off-line storage charges. Archived reports can be retrieved, viewed and printed locally (whole or partial) by the user. Archived report costs are .0007 cents (SH100) per thousand pages for each day. On-line reports are charged at the 1000 track-day rate of .050 cents (SF090), the same as all on-line storage (DASD) files. The duration of a report on-line vs. off-line is controlled by the customer. On-line viewing also incurs a CICS transaction charge. Reports printed via DocDirect (local) do not incur print charges.
Download a complete listing of all chargeback rates
Updated August 14, 2014
Reviewed August 14, 2014
Published August 14, 2009
Created July 6, 2009: Information provided by the Operations Team