Download the complete service offering
1. Description of Service
The Information Technology Division (ITD) provides Mail and Courier services to several state agencies around downtown Boston area.
Central Mail Facility from the Boston McCormack Mailroom
- Outgoing mail that is either picked up or dropped off at the Boston Central Mail Facility (CMF). It is then metered with the appropriate postage and readied for pick up by the US Post Office.
- Incoming mail is dropped off by the US Post Office. This mail is sorted into bins for the McCormack Building only.
- The McCormack Building incoming mail is delivered and outgoing mail is picked up twice a day for those customers who pay chargeback for this service.
- The State House courier picks up and delivers interoffice mail and also picks up non-metered and inter-office mail coming back to the Boston Central Mail Facility. State House customers who pay chargeback receive this service twice a day.
- The courier makes multiple stops daily to pick up out going mail and inter-office mail. The courier also delivers inter-office mail and production jobs for agencies that pay chargeback for this service.
- Inter-office mail that comes to the McCormack mailroom throughout the day is put into bins for agencies that have an account with the McCormack mailroom.
- Reports that are printed at Chelsea print room are delivered to the CMF mailroom and placed into the report bins. This service is for agencies that have an account with the CMF McCormack mail room.
- The Central Mail facility maintains a list of agencies that have an inter-office bin at the CMF. The CMF also maintains instructions on how the non metered mail should be prepared for pickup or drop off and other various instructions.
This service includes:
- Metering outgoing mail, postage is provided by ITD and charged back to the customer.
- Courier service in the downtown Boston area.
- Delivery of incoming mail (McCormack location only), pickup and delivery of inter-office mail, and pickup of non-metered mail.
- Prepare outgoing mail for pickup by the US Post Office.
Support services include:
- A Service Account Manager to answer any questions or concerns regarding ITD Services.
- Services offered through our Operations Office; including Change Management and customer access to incident management via email, phone (CommonHelp)
- The online COMiT service management portal
- ITD's Charback Billing System.
2. Service Targets/Hours of Availability
|Boston Mail Services||Service availability hours are 8:00 am - 4:00 pm Monday through Friday excluding holidays.|
|Maintenance of equipment||Vendor maintenance service provides 24x7onsite coverage, with a 4 hour onsite arrival of vendor to initiate component repair / exchange.|
|Incident Management*||ITD Service Management Office has standard processes to manage incidents, requests and changes.|
Outages or urgent issues should be reported by phone to receive the quickest response 1-866-888-2808.
Staff will respond to service requests during the hours of 8:00 am - 4:00 pm Monday through Friday excluding holidays. Customers can make requests through COMiT.
Emergency requests are approved by authorized customer contacts and must be opened as incidents to ensure they are acted on immediately out of normal business hours.
* Incidents, requests, or changes that are outside the scope of the defined service description or normal service hours will be direct charged to the customer.
3. Service Reporting
The following reporting information is provided to customers as part of this service:
|Job Failure Alert||Customers are notified if mail issues occur.||Customers are notified through established contact lists if a mail issue occurs.|
4. Service Requests
Lead Time-Business Days
|Interoffice Messenger Service|
This is a request to implement interoffice mail distribution between Chelsea MITC and Boston Offices for State agencies. This service request includes:
|Lead time is based on specific request.|
*For new service requests only. To manage existing requests, please log into COMiT.
5. Customer Responsibilities
The customer brings outgoing mail to the Central Mail Facility to be metered and sent to the US Post Office and picks up interoffice or incoming mail if not using the Central Mail Facility courier.
For your convenience, you may view a detailed list of customer responsibilities .
6. Chargeback Rate Information
For more information on Chargeback, including an overview of the program as well as current and previous fiscal year rates, please visit our Chargeback Services webpage.
Cost framework: Central Mail
1. Direct Charges to Customers
|Total 1A. Customer Specific - Costs Directly Charged to Customers||$0|
|Total 1. Direct Charges to Customers||$0|
2. Direct Dedicated Resources
|Direct Costs - Salaries (AA) and Fringe (DD), Contract (U05, HH)||6.00||$300,362|
|Total 2A. Direct Costs - Salaries (AA) and Fringe (DD), Contract (U05, HH)||6.00||$300,362|
|-Other costs, Reclassifications, Adjustments, Postage-||$558,136|
|- Automotive repairs and maintenance-Miscellaneous repairs to vehicles-||$1,500|
|- Neopost, Inc.-Mail Equipment - WJ250 with mixed mail feeder, WJ Dynamic Scale, Power Stacker, Thermal Roll Tape Dispenser - 69 months lease (Will roll throughout term)-||$20,642|
|- Neopost-Rate Pack Software Support-||$1,905|
|Total 2B. Hardware / Software / Contracts (UU, LL , etc)||$582,183|
|Total 2. Direct Dedicated Resources||$882,545|
3. Indirect Costs
|Total 3A. Allocated Shared Resources||$0|
|Total 3. Indirect Costs||$0|
4. Indirect Costs
|Total 4A. Shared ITD Data Center Services||$0|
|Total 4. Indirect Costs||$0|
5. Allocated Costs
|Allocated Costs Not Specific to Service||$139,772|
|Total 5A. Allocated Costs Not Specific to Service||$139,772|
|Total 5. Allocated Costs||$139,772|
6. Management Adjustments
|Total 6A. Management Adjustments||$0|
|Total 6. Management Adjustments||$0|
Grand Total: Print and Mail Services - Central Mail
7. Rates Pertaining to this Service
|SERVICE OFFERING / TITLE / BILLABLE UNIT||RATECODE||RATE||PLANNED UNITS||COST|
|PRINT_AND_MAIL - Metered Mailing (CMF)-Bin Size (Level 1)||SM1A0||Meter + 22.0%||487179.46||$735,744|
|PRINT_AND_MAIL - Downtown Courier(CMF)-Hour||SM0G0||$553||132||$73,040|
|PRINT_AND_MAIL - Report Bin(CMF)-Bin Size (Level 1)||SM0B0||$36||1260||$45,232|
|PRINT_AND_MAIL - Inter-Office Pickup or Delivery(CMF)-Per Month||SM0E0||$72||192||$13,785|
|PRINT_AND_MAIL - Daily Incoming Mail Bin(CMF)-Per Month||SM0D0||$146||804||$117,440|
|PRINT_AND_MAIL - State House Courier(CMF)-Per Month||SM0F0||$311||72||$22,371|
|PRINT_AND_MAIL - Inter-Office Mail Bin(CMF)-Bin Size (Level 1)||SM0C0||$11||1320||$14,706|
|Total 7A. Rates Pertaining to this Service||$1,022,317|
Download a complete listing of all chargeback rates
Updated October 24, 2013
Reviewed May 29, 2014
Published August 14, 2009
Created March 25, 2009: Information provided by the Business Services Team