Download the complete service offering
1. Description of Service
The Information Technology Division's Chelsea Mailroom provides reliable and secure outgoing mail services.
US Postal Mailing Services from the Chelsea Mailroom
Mailing Service from Chelsea Mailroom:
- Bursting, folding, inserting, and applying appropriate postage using the latest mailroom technologies.
- Maintaining postage accounts for customer agencies and issue expenditure reports monthly.
- Bar-coding and sorting mail to a 5 digit sort level for maximum postal discount.
This service includes:
- Working with customers to ensure proper scheduling and quality control.
- Inserting single or multiple pages into either a # 10 envelope, a 6x9.5 envelope, or a flat envelope.
- Using Verification software to avoid double stuffing envelopes (agency programming required).
- Depositing checks into postal accounts.
- Providing monthly expenditure reports on postage usage.
- Maintaining proper postage in the meters.
- Maintaining envelope inventory for the customer agencies.
- Providing system maintenance on all equipment in the mail room.
- Delivering mail daily to US Postal Office.
If the mail sorter is out of service and cannot be used to process customer mail at the discounted postage rate,
MassIT provides two options that the customer must agree to in advance:
- MassIT will deliver the customer mail to the US Post Office for full rate and on time; or
- MassIT will send the mail to a 3rd party vendor that is on a State contract for processing the postage discount. Customers will be required to pay the 3 rd party vendor the processing fee directly.
Support services include:
- A Service Account Manager to answer any questions or concerns regarding MassIT Services.
- Services offered through our Operations Office; including Change Management and customer access to incident management via email, phone (CommonHelp).
- The online COMiT service management portal .
- MassIT's Chargeback Billing System.
2. Service Targets and Metrics
|Chelsea Mail Services||Service availability hours are 7:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.|
|Maintenance of equipment||Vendor maintenance service provides for 24x7onsite with a 4 hour onsite arrival of vendor to initiate component repair / exchange.|
|Incident Management*||MassIT Service Management Office has standard processes to manage incidents, requests, change orders and problems.|
Outages or urgent issues should be reported by phone to receive the quickest response 1-866-888-2808.
|Request Fulfillment*||Staff will respond to service requests 7:00 am - 4:00 pm Monday through Friday excluding holidays. Customers can make requests through COMiT. Emergency requests are approved by authorized customer contacts and must be opened as incidents to ensure they are acted on immediately out of normal business hours.|
|Processing of customers outgoing mail.||Services include inserting and barcoding of customer outgoing mail with all deliveries to Post Office to meet customer specified time frames.||SLA’s are negotiated with each customer and time frames are identified and managed per customer processing and mailing requirements. Customers are notified on all delays.|
|Monday -Friday 7:00 am to 4:00 pm||Service availability hours are 7:00 am - 4:00 pm Monday through Friday. Last post office delivery is 3:00 pm. All mail processed after 3:00 pm is delivered next day.||SLA’s are negotiated with each customer and time frames are identified and managed per customer processing and mailing requirements. Customers are notified on all delays.|
*Incidents, requests, or changes that are outside the scope of the defined service description or normal service hours will be direct charged to the customer.
3. Service Reporting
The following reporting information is provided to customers as part of this service:
|Job Failure Alerts||This is an alert to customers who are only notified if mail issues occur.||Customers are notified through established contact lists if a mail issue occurs.|
|Expenditure Report||This is a monthly report of postage spending.||Customers are notified through established contact lists through email.|
|Savings Report||This is a monthly savings report.||Customers are notified through established contact lists through email.|
|Number of mailed pieces||This report is the number of mailed pieces by customer by month.|
Customers are notified through established contact lists through email.
4. Service Requests
Lead Time-Business Days
|Request a Special US Postal Mailing|
This request is to support a customer's outbound mailing needs. Services include folding, bursting, insert and barcoding customer mailings. Mailings may be created for a one time or ongoing use. This service request includes:
|Lead time is based on specific request|
*For new service requests only. To manage existing requests, please log into COMiT.
5. Customer Responsibilities
The customer orders envelopes and arranges for delivery to the Chelsea mail room and provides postage prior to a mailing being processed. The customer also delivers outgoing mail to the Chelsea mailroom.
For your convenience, you may view a detailed list of customer responsibilities.
6. Chargeback Rate Information
For more information on Chargeback, including an overview of the program as well as current and previous fiscal year rates, please visit our Chargeback Services webpage.
Cost framework: Chelsea Mail
1. Direct Charges to Customers
|Total 1A. Customer Specific - Costs Directly Charged to Customers||$0|
|Total 1. Direct Charges to Customers||$0|
2. Direct Dedicated Resources
|Direct Costs - Salaries (AA) and Fringe (DD), Contract (U05, HH)||13.00||$651,744|
|Total 2A. Direct Costs - Salaries (AA) and Fringe (DD), Contract (U05, HH)||13.00||$651,744|
|- Neopost, Inc.-Mail Eqpt - WJ250 w/mixed mail feeder, WJ Dynamic Scale, Power Stacker, Thermal Roll Tape Dispenser-||$20,642|
|- Bell and Howell-AUI Software support ($2,700) and SW Subscription fee for 1st class mail ($9732) for Refurbished Inserter S/N 30000993-||$2,923|
|- Pitney Bowes-Meter for FlowMaster System-||$1,464|
|- Pitney Bowes-Integrity Upgrade Solution for 2 inserters & additional scanning devices-||$28,332|
|- Pitney Bowes-FlowMaster Mail Inserting System-||$23,460|
|- Other Costs, Reclassifications, Adjustments-||$184,500|
|- Neopost-Rate Pack Software Support-||$1,750|
|- Neopost-Maintenance for air compressor that runs bar-code sorter.-||$1,600|
|- Neopost, Inc.-IJ15KAI Digital Meter Heads Lease-||$2,514|
|- Bell and Howell-NetSort Software to Mail Sorter-||$22,100|
|- Bell and Howell-MS3500 Refurbished Inserter S/N 30000993-||$34,669|
|- Bell and Howell-Misc parts and supplies for mail machines-||$15,000|
|- Bell and Howell-Mail Processing System - Hardware-||$128,694|
|- Bell and Howell-Apex front end upgrade Hardware to Mail Sorter-||$60,285|
|- Bell and Howell-Mail Processing System - Software-||$11,692|
|Other Costs, Re-classifications, Adjustments||-$130,000|
|Total 2B. Hardware / Software / Contracts (UU, LL , etc)||$482,626|
|Total 2. Direct Dedicated Resources||$1,134,370|
3. Indirect Costs
|Total 3A. Allocated Shared Resources||$0|
|Total 3. Indirect Costs||$0|
4. Indirect Costs
|Total 4A. Shared ITD Data Center Services||$0|
|Total 4. Indirect Costs||$0|
5. Allocated Costs
|Allocated Costs Not Specific to Service||$198,629|
|Total 5A. Allocated Costs Not Specific to Service||$198,629|
|Total 5. Allocated Costs||$198,629|
6. Management Adjustments
|Total 6A. Management Adjustments||$0|
|Total 6. Management Adjustments||$0|
|GrandTotal: Print and Mail Services - Chelsea Mail||$1,332,999|
7. Rates Pertaining to this Service
|SERVICE OFFERING / TITLE / BILLABLE UNIT||RATECODE||RATE||PLANNED UNITS||COST|
|print_and_mail - DIMS Insertion (automated)-Document||SM190||$0.05||26547871.7493333||$1,308,203|
|print_and_mail - Manual Document Insertion-Document||SM170||$0.57||43336||$24,796|
|Total 7A. Rates Pertaining to this Service||$1,332,999|
Download a complete listing of all chargeback rates
Updated October 21, 2014
Reviewed March 09, 2015
Published August 14, 2009
Created March 25, 2009: Information provided by the Business Services Team